1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Does this exist? Talked to a guy that claims to have a set of OEM Medusa goggles with Ruby lenses, claimed to have got them from a buddy that worked at Oakley.

qtrain23 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Never seen a pair. Maybe custom cut? Idk

3. Oakster

He claims that they're in the box so I'm just waiting for pics. I have a feeling that my excitement level is going to drop a few notches!

Talked to him for quite a while and sounds like he doesn't know his stuff well enough to do custom cuts (was referring to it as "Mendoza").

4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

The.new Fandango lol

5. Dallas O Hog

6. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Oakley did make OEM ruby lenses for them at some point. several people have them, FGG has one

7. Oakster

Uh-Oh. Might have to make some funds available! Who wants to buy some stuff!!!

SNAFU, qtrain23 and Dallas O Hog like this.
  8. Oakley G

Oakley G Oakley Enthusiast

There have been third party customs, as well as some cut from goggle lenses in other colors. I don't recall which company did it (exovista?), but there have been plenty of custom lenses over the years. Caveat emptor.

Last edited: 1/8/15
  9. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah back in the day they did a Fire, Ruby, Emerald and Ice aswell as the Black Iridium to correspond with the OTT. I think they were available as replacement lenses but they were never widely available. I've seen a Fire Iridium pair but only in pics.

copilot likes this.
  10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

oh i didnt know about all the others. i've seen several ruby pairs before. never anything else.