• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Medusa - Made in the USA or China?

Millertime2598

I should Work at Oakley
NC
Good afternoon, got a friend asking whether Oakley Medusa's are made in the USA or China? Turning to the experts.

Tag on the inside of mine says, Made in China.

Also, an individual asked this very question and his had all original tags, stickers and boxes. His too said the Medusa was made in China. I have provided the link to the previous question about this topic, hope this helps to answer your question.

Oakley Medusa Hat | Oakley Forum

Ahh so disappointed... :( Had my Fuel Cells (Polarized) for about 5 years now, says "Made in the USA" on the inside.. Just bought a pair of Plaintiff Squared Polarized from a retailer in the UK, box says "Designed and Engineered by Oakley, USA.. Made in CHINA". I have emailed Oakley UK just to check.. They feel incredibly "plastic-cy".

Fuel cells Batwolfs Gascans Hijinx and other o matter I have bought recently still say made in USA.

Ahh so disappointed... :( Had my Fuel Cells (Polarized) for about 5 years now, says "Made in the USA" on the inside.. Just bought a pair of Plaintiff Squared Polarized from a retailer in the UK, box says "Designed and Engineered by Oakley, USA.. Made in CHINA". I have emailed Oakley UK just to check.. They feel incredibly "plastic-cy".
I'm convinced the quality is as good as before...

I feel that way about the C5 frames in general. I think the top coat gives them a non-metallic feel. The Plaintiffs, Deviation, Crosshairs, etc.

They still print many models in the United States. You can go to the factory and check it out. And It seems like only the Wires & the LX's are made in China.

The thing is, I've paid £107 for something that feels "flimzy" and cheap. The piece that rests on the ear is made from plastic and you can see the moulding mix in the plastic. Really not that impressed with them. Have contacted the retailer and will be returning them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back