1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Millertime2598

Millertime2598 Oakley Enthusiast

Good afternoon, got a friend asking whether Oakley Medusa's are made in the USA or China? Turning to the experts.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jackson32

Jackson32 Oakley Beginner Premium Member Lifetime Member

Tag on the inside of mine says, Made in China.

Also, an individual asked this very question and his had all original tags, stickers and boxes. His too said the Medusa was made in China. I have provided the link to the previous question about this topic, hope this helps to answer your question.

Oakley Medusa Hat | Oakley Forum

3. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

I never looked at mine! Will do as soon as I get home :)

4. Pearce

Pearce Guest

Ahh so disappointed... :( Had my Fuel Cells (Polarized) for about 5 years now, says "Made in the USA" on the inside.. Just bought a pair of Plaintiff Squared Polarized from a retailer in the UK, box says "Designed and Engineered by Oakley, USA.. Made in CHINA". I have emailed Oakley UK just to check.. They feel incredibly "plastic-cy".

5. jacitno

jacitno Oakley Beginner

Fuel cells Batwolfs Gascans Hijinx and other o matter I have bought recently still say made in USA.

6. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I'm convinced the quality is as good as before...

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I feel that way about the C5 frames in general. I think the top coat gives them a non-metallic feel. The Plaintiffs, Deviation, Crosshairs, etc.

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would say 90% all Oakley accessories are made from different countries including China.

9. theafroman

theafroman Oakley Beginner

They still print many models in the United States. You can go to the factory and check it out. And It seems like only the Wires & the LX's are made in China.

10. Pearce

Pearce Guest

The thing is, I've paid £107 for something that feels "flimzy" and cheap. The piece that rests on the ear is made from plastic and you can see the moulding mix in the plastic. Really not that impressed with them. Have contacted the retailer and will be returning them.

Last edited by a moderator: 3/12/15