• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Medusa Vs 24K X Metal Value

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Back in April I floated a WTT thread to trade a 24K Juliet for a Medusa.
At the time the consensus was that to achieve that trade I would have to kick in some cash.
I figured at some point the limited production of the 24K would level out the difference in value.
Has that time come?
In the last 2 days 2 size L Medusa sold for $1,000 and $1,024 respectively.
In the last day an enterprising member stretched the value and sold a 24K Juliet for $1250.
Then promptly listed another for $1499- which will clarify the answer.
My question to you is: have we reached the point of value equality already has been achieved between the 24K XM's and Medusas?

well.. I will think it as you can wear a mdusa if you like but ... I think is foolish because medusas are designed to what propurse ?
it does not give any protection if you use in a bike.
I bet are warm, and sweat alot and are not made of real leather, and replacement parts are near or impossible, to find and were will you wear a medussa ? at a carnaval ?

Meh, I'd still value a Medusa around that $1000 price, but 24k Juliet's I think will drop back to a $800 price when/if xmetals return in 2015... Medusa aint ever coming back haha

for the purpose of performing a fair trade for both parties, you need a common arena to compare current values. in this case ebay. they are two different products. each one serves the purpose to a buyers needs, wants. its too hard to predict x-metal future values. the least that will happen is a retained value, at the very least. even if they were re-introduced in the same way, there will always be a value associated with the timeline era in which they were introduced and ended.

Sounds like it would be a fairly good trade if both parties did want the other item. That might be the real issue. Prob best to unload the 24k for the money then pick up the Medusa at the best price. For you though, I think this is just exploratory in nature......

Sounds like it would be a fairly good trade if both parties did want the other item. That might be the real issue. Prob best to unload the 24k for the money then pick up the Medusa at the best price. For you though, I think this is just exploratory in nature......

Hey buddy, funny how many folks Jim dragged out of the closet! My original thread for outright trade was definitely exploratory when I floated it before this thread. I got such little response that I began a discussion to try to figure out if the consensus was that there was or would be parity in these items. And to give us something to discuss besides the usual.

I did eventually buy a Medusa with goggles from another forum member and then did do a deal with Mopiko for a Copper Penny w/ box. I don't regret that at all- the Copper is arguably as much a grail as a Medusa or 24K Juliet and is an incredible piece in person.

You are right about the Copper. It was my one item that I always wanted. I did luck up with this one. Need a box. I think you have seen this photo....
dsc03607db.jpg

Attachments

• dsc03607db.jpg
    dsc03607db.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 263
I got an extra set of those violet penny lenses...

Latest Posts

Back