• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Meet Frankenstein

blue can be done...Or Deep Blue Polar from a Monster Dog...
Quoted for the future :) I may contact you later after the frames get tuned up and hopefully a good buffing.

Does ANYONE buff polished frames?

I don't have the stuff to do em. I tried, have one here actually from Toy, and anything I had didn't even phase it. Jewelers can do them. Look at all the polished Romeos and Mars that pop up on ebay...That is how all that got started

It just seems so easy although I know its not. I'm prob. better off just to leave them alone and enjoy them.

I have also polished tons of aluminum and raw titanium, but whatever is treated on the Polished X Metal frames after Oakley does them makes it completely impervious to anything I try. No oxidation comes off, nothing. Almost as if I need to sand them back to an unpolished finish and re-polish from the ground up. They would certainly look better as I would sand out most of the pitting, but to do a clean up polish, I have had ZERO luck. I took the dremel to my very own pairs in the past and started with a rough cut compound and it didn't leave a mark...Tried recently also...

Congrats!! Hopefully the Green Rubber Kit is in good shape and can be used or sold. They are gonna look great once they are completed!!

Not much love for the emerald iridium, but it's still one of my faves. Love it on the early gen plasmas.

Nice lenses.