1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. slapshot87

slapshot87 Oakley Beginner

Hi, everyone! I apologize in advance if I'm posting this thread in the wrong area or if this is a topic that has been covered a lot in the past....but for the benefit of newer members - who on here does custom work? For example, lens cutting & frame painting?

I have a pair of Monster Dogs for which I'd like to pay someone to cut Ice Iridium lenses (I can't find original MD lenses anywhere and I don't want to purchase cheap non-Oakley lenses). I'd also like to have the icons painted a different color (from orange to blue - to match the new lenses). I really don't want to take a chance of doing it myself & messing things up....lol.

Any information/recommendations would be very much appreciated - thank you!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

3. slapshot87

Thank you, OakleyFrankFMJ. :)

4. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

5. bean323

bean323 Oakley Collector

I know @xmetalmaniac does cuts on lens. not sure about painting and such. pretty sure he is east coast and dr chop west.

And pretty sure i hacked up the link to xmetal. sorry..

slapshot87 likes this.
  6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

slapshot87 likes this.
  7. slapshot87

Thank you, bean323 & Carrera1963 - I will check out those members as well! I just ordered a pair of Revant HC3 ice blue lenses in the interim (my 1st Revant purchase so I'm very curious to see how they compare to Oakley).....but I still want to get Oakley lenses cut as well. Maybe even a couple different lens tints so I can occasionally change things up. Anyway, I appreciate the input from both of you - hope you guys have a good day! :)

8. bean323

bean323 Oakley Collector

no problem, make sure you post pics of what you got and who did them. free advertising!

slapshot87 likes this.
  9. bean323

bean323 Oakley Collector

Emailed Dr. chop and i don't think he no longer does cuts. (well maybe for Pb1's), He does do a lot of great custom work and as far as i can see his pricing is very fair. And his work is bad ass! Please post any work you get!

slapshot87 likes this.
  10. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Similar experience here.
    His talents are wasted on cutting...the man's an artiste!
    :cool-20:

slapshot87 and dr.chop like this.