• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

oakleybezerk's "O" museum

I haven't wired up the corner bank yet, but the main wall is connected to a master switch which brings them all on at the same time. It's hidden down the side (i'll be doing the same with the other side of the room):
View attachment 283909

Understood, good idea. You can light half up or the entire room.

I think it's great that you plan on moving the ones that don't work with the décor on to other collectors in the community...show's you're actually a true collector and not a hoarder.

Well done.

I think it's great that you plan on moving the ones that don't work with the décor on to other collectors in the community...show's you're actually a true collector and not a hoarder.
I try and help where I can and there are a handful of members who have benefitted from my good fortune (no extra costs involved). Unfortunately there aren't too many collectors this side to whom I can pass the bigger items on to.

I try and help where I can and there are a handful of members who have benefitted from my good fortune (no extra costs involved). Unfortunately there aren't too many collectors this side to whom I can pass the bigger items on to.

Your help and generosity was appreciated, I'm certain! You are probably the biggest in your country and have one of the largest private collections in the world. I've never seen a personal collection of anything other than cars that could benefit from a private curator to log, sort and clean!

Arranging my single Spine case is taking me days and is a lot of fun...I can imagine how entertaining putting your room together must be!

Your help and generosity was appreciated, I'm certain! You are probably the biggest in your country and have one of the largest private collections in the world. I've never seen a personal collection of anything other than cars that could benefit from a private curator to log, sort and clean!

Arranging my single Spine case is taking me days and is a lot of fun...I can imagine how entertaining putting your room together must be!
I've heard rumours that there are one or two other big collectors this side, but they are affiliated with Oakley SA (or were), so in my eyes they can't be called a true collector. They have amassed their pairs through handouts or hung on to rep samples.

Cleaning the cabinets and frames is a form of therapy that I do enjoy. It can become cumbersome, but as long as you don't look at it as being a chore, you should have hours of pleasure reworking the display/s with every new piece that you add.

Looking amazing as always. I love the JFL poster, I have the big hanging 2 sided vinyl with that being on one side.
Thanks @Cargo , that used to be the large double sided material banner, but I sized it to fit the table. I have several more which I'm going to repurpose to tie the room together a bit more.

I've heard rumours that there are one or two other big collectors this side, but they are affiliated with Oakley SA (or were), so in my eyes they can't be called a true collector. They have amassed their pairs through handouts or hung on to rep samples.

Cleaning the cabinets and frames is a form of therapy that I do enjoy. It can become cumbersome, but as long as you don't look at it as being a chore, you should have hours of pleasure reworking the display/s with every new piece that you add.

Excellent observation about the therapy. I look at cleaning my bikes the same way as arranging my Oakley collection, peace and therapy. Then it never becomes work because I enjoy setting the time aside to do it.

And affiliated with Oakley doesn't count!!
:)

Holbrook Multicam Alpine
IMG_1089.JPG

Holbrook Multicam Tropic
IMG_1090.JPG

Back