• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal case....

juan223

Oakley Beginner
New to the forum, Oakley wearer but not a major collector....found this at the local flea market today....Juliets not included...

Can anyone help me determine when these cases were introduced and possibly what model case it is?

Door opens and there are four metal drawers that pull out...

Display spins very smoothly...

Locks have been removed.

thank you!

2h578k0.jpg

Welcome aboard, very nice find, I don't know when it came out or what's its official name is, but that's a sweet case, congrats!

It's known as an ophthalmic tower. Most prescription lens crafters used these. Common in two variations you have the one with a spinner. Many of these cases have had the spinners removed and the other variation has shelving similar to a mega tower. The uprights have a single frame construction where the megas are a double wall sandwich frame typically protruding on all four corners. They look like I beams. The case was early 2000's

It's known as an ophthalmic tower. Most prescription lens crafters used these. Common in two variations you have the one with a spinner. Many of these cases have had the spinners removed and the other variation has shelving similar to a mega tower. The uprights have a single frame construction where the megas are a double wall sandwich frame typically protruding on all four corners. They look like I beams. The case was early 2000's

BAM!!!

:hi:

Latest Posts

Back