1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Spectre

Spectre Oakley Beginner

Hey all, I am wondering if Oakley ever made the frogskin frame in a light weight metal alloy of some kind ?
    LIke the Oakley frogskin fallout kind of look like brushed metal but I was disappointed to find they actually are not!..
    Any ideas on the most in-destructable frogskin frame made ?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

the only real metal frogs I suppose would be the lx frame. there is a metal skeleton running through the accitate frame. mind my spelling. or any chrome fmj frogs. I suppose there is a metal skin over those.

3. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

[QUOTE="SOULfulFROG, post: 788026, member: 14551" I suppose there is a metal skin over those.[/QUOTE]

which is nanometres thick..........

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  4. Spectre

Spectre Oakley Beginner

Ok, Ive noticed the Koston X Oakley Craftsmen frogskin , and the Gold Supreme frogskins, They may come close, Where best to find them these days ?
    .Cheers lads.

5. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

just keep your eyes open on here and eBay. the koston craftsman has zero metal or resembles metal at all. I just had 2 but I sold a pair last week to a fellow collector. I also had 2 of the Supreme gold and chrome but both of them now down to one. I will look for you as well.

6. joshbrinzo

joshbrinzo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Unfortunately there has never been a metal Frogskins frame, but I would love to have a pair if they ever made one!

7. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

A full on metal Frog would be cool. I could get into something like that. This post grabbed my attention for a minute.

joshbrinzo likes this.
  8. Spectre

Spectre Oakley Beginner

Hey thanks all, Interesting, ya I thought they had made some out of a special alloy however now that I think about it, It may have been a health and safety issue, Ie if you crash your dirt bike and the arm of the glasses penetrate the skull that would not feel too good. :)

9. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Cosmetic surgery.........

10. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

There are actually model with different metal alloy used to build frame so it is not actually a safety issue as mentioned. Having a frogskins with metal alloy is a bit impractical, surely it will be too heavy regardless of the alloy used and might cost high.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk