• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal Vault Refreshed

keptman

Oakley Expert
Noneyah
I got this from my brother at christmas. Foam just fell apart, it was coming out when I opened it. I had been looking for some sort of foam to replace and couldn't find anything of the same thickness. Found some wool felt sheets. Two of them give the same thickness as the foam.

DSC04113_zps39d68b5b.jpg

DSC04114_zps59f239a4.jpg

DSC04121_zps99615791.jpg

That looks better than original. I like the dark background, makes the glasses pop a bit.

Damn, nice work. That looks awesome! Did you use a spray adhesive to secure the felt?

No not as of yet. I cut the felt close so it fit tight. The foam sides hold it down well but even they were glued in. I'm going to try and find some two way strips to put back in place on the foam. I had to remove the foam slowly as it was adhered to the sides. If I glue it back down in these spots It should stay nicely for sure.

Thanks.
I don't want to put a whole lot of glue on it as to possibly having to clean it out later. That or destroy the rest of the foam.

Latest Posts

Back