• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Milestone post #4500 - And then there were none.

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

Well here we are some 3 years and 4500 posts after it began, and it's time to call it quits. Today will be my last day as an active member of this forum.

I wasn't going to post about it, but some friends suggested maybe it would be better if I did to prevent confusion or misinformation about why it happened. The fundamental problem is that this site no longer makes me happy, and instead often leaves me annoyed or even frustrated with the things that take place. I disagree with some of the core rules of the site, and I definitely have a problem with the way they are selectively, randomly, and often unjustly applied. Phantom thread locks, post deletions, threads disappearing for seemingly no reason- all critical errors that make for an unpleasant experience as a member here. And then there is the recent lack of moderator and staff support when someone went out of their way to launch unprovoked personal attacks on several members. Where were the rules and punishments then? Why is it that something like trying to buy glasses outside the exchange brings down the wrath of Thor but insulting someone's children and making terroristic threats only warrants a temp ban days or weeks after things have gotten out of hand? To be candid, I don't care anymore.

As this site has grown things have changed at pace that I'm sure has been difficult to keep up with. Some of the changes recently are for the better, and I believe I even helped shape a few of them. Even still I can't get over the fact that there are such obvious gaps between rule interpretation and rule enforcement. Logging in to dozens of posts with overpriced crap that was clearly just bought at a steep discount when you have rules against scalping is just ridiculous. And of course the rule about not calling people out is the one that gets enforced.... No thanks. Seeing members pointing new people toward premium membership only to have their thread locked or posts deleted when they get scammed and are looking for answers is disheartening to say the least. If recent events are any indicator you're ok admitting you stole some Oakleys as long as you have a story people are sympathetic to, though I wonder what happens when it comes time to put those pairs in the exchange. That's a cultural problem that I don't care to stick around to see fixed.

So today is the last day I'll be subjecting myself to all of that, and this post will be the last one I make. I have no intention of replying to this thread or others in the future. For those of you that I've had genuine interactions with, Thank You. For a few years this place was something I truly enjoyed being a part of and interacting with a select few of you was often the highlight of the membership. If anyone wants to keep in touch just drop me a pm with your phone number and I'll give you mine as well. I'm going to leave this account intact for another couple weeks or so to get some contact info sorted before having OakleyBoss delete it.

Adiós, Oakley Forum.

Sorry to see you go bro. Most of the posts I've read of yours are very articulate and on point... and you definitely had me rolling with some of the hilarious stuff you have posted here in the forum. Take care, have a happy new year and God bless.

Keep hold of that wallet from the UK - remember that the forum sometimes 'worked'. Take care and Happy New Year in your next endeavours....

Ohhhhh noooooo dont call it quits bro. I know u gonna miss it. Dikface lol ( just kidding). You dont have to be annoyed by the new rules, exchange etc. its socializing whats counts and meeting new people regardless you like em or not.

Latest Posts

Back