• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute 1.0 Lens Color Question

rickieb

Oakley Beginner
Hi Folks
I have two pair of Oakley Minute 1.0s. Same model but I noticed how different the lens color is.
Have a look at my images http://sdrv.ms/NYFjhD
The one on the right is from 2001-ish. The lens looks more ruby iridium. The left one may be a later one (I got this one off ebay) and is very much fire iridium. Is this just because Oakley changes the color over time.

Also, which one to you prefer? I think I like the right but the one on the left is is slightly better condition.

Hard to see on your pics.
Originally the FMJ Gunmetal was sold with fire iridium lenses.
The left (pic 4) one looks like gold iridium. Maybe the preowner changed them.

Best to look at the 4th picture for the comparison. The one on the left is definitely fire as its exactly the same as the fire lenses in some Juliet's I have. The one on the right is more ruby. I think Max is right - its just that Oakley have changed the colors over time. I posted something yesterday about some first gen Juliet's because they have ruby lenses which are very deep red and much deeper than the ruby today. Just seems like Oakley have lightened their colors over time. Neither the minutes or Juliet's have replacement lenses tho', they're all original.

the first generation batch of fire was much deeper, close to a ruby. later batch of fire were lighter.
I didn't know that.

@ Max Fearlight
You can not upload images from your pc hdd here. It's necessary to use online space like flickr, dropbox, imageshack ...

Back