1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

Hi Folks
    I have two pair of Oakley Minute 1.0s. Same model but I noticed how different the lens color is.
    Have a look at my images http://sdrv.ms/NYFjhD
    The one on the right is from 2001-ish. The lens looks more ruby iridium. The left one may be a later one (I got this one off ebay) and is very much fire iridium. Is this just because Oakley changes the color over time.

Also, which one to you prefer? I think I like the right but the one on the left is is slightly better condition.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Hard to see on your pics.
    Originally the FMJ Gunmetal was sold with fire iridium lenses.
    The left (pic 4) one looks like gold iridium. Maybe the preowner changed them.

3. Max Fearlight

Max Fearlight Oakley Beginner

the first generation batch of fire was much deeper, close to a ruby. later batch of fire were lighter.

4. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

Best to look at the 4th picture for the comparison. The one on the left is definitely fire as its exactly the same as the fire lenses in some Juliet's I have. The one on the right is more ruby. I think Max is right - its just that Oakley have changed the colors over time. I posted something yesterday about some first gen Juliet's because they have ruby lenses which are very deep red and much deeper than the ruby today. Just seems like Oakley have lightened their colors over time. Neither the minutes or Juliet's have replacement lenses tho', they're all original.

5. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

I didn't know that.

@ Max Fearlight
    You can not upload images from your pc hdd here. It's necessary to use online space like flickr, dropbox, imageshack ...