• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modest But Tasteful

damn dude. thats a pretty cool set up, a sweet collections and an awesome display!!

IMHO the "Core" display is the best. X Metal displays to me are really bright and almost overpowering, I wanted the X Metal glasses themselves to be the stars- not the display.
The Core displays will get a little surface rust on the drawer pulls and rivet heads and over time will develop a nice, warm patina. A light coat of a light oil will make it just right.
You don't see them very often; I saw that Dyer had one for sale and a really ratty one on Fleabay currently but they don't pop up often.
I thought that X Metal displays were about the only option but got onto this style by a CL ad for a X Metal case. The seller had sold that one but the guy said that he had 2 of these left and I hopped into the truck and went to Muncie to get them. The guy knew what he had and didn't give them away but were complete with LED lighting (retro-fitted from small fluorescents), all locks keyed alike on both cases and all shelves w/ clips.
At the risk of sounding like Wayne Carini, the chase is where the fun is. Right?

Latest Posts

Back