• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Modifying a Pit Boss 2

supersharp

Connoisseur of Grails
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Texas
I have seen that the PB 2 is a bit wide for my head. Specifically where the Ti plates on the side meet the arms. The only possible solution that I could potentially see to fix the problem would be to heat up the nose bridge and modify the frame by bending it slightly at the nose bridge. This would make the frame have a tighter fit to my face, similar to my Split Jacket or Flak Jacket.

I have a couple of questions/concerns though:

1. Would permanently flexing the frame a few degrees at the nose bride cause stress on the lenses?
2. Would this mod mess with the XYZ optics?
3. Is this even a possiblilty?
4. Has anyone ever done this?
5. If this doesn't work, I don't want to ruin such an expensive frame.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have not modified a frame in the manner you suggest, but I have tried to repair one. I have an Antix someone tried to make narrower. I have heated and bent in quite a bit, but it was f'd up...

1. I'd say you would put stress on the lenses unless you are able to bend only been nose bridge. The heat and force needed to bend that would almost certainly change the shape of the orbitals as well.

2. You would definitely affect the XYZ optics by changing the shape of the frame. The lenses would be at a different angle, which would change everything about the optics.

3,4&5. It would be possible to change the shape of the frame, but I doubt it has been done because not many people would want to ruin a PB2.

I wouldn't do it...:behindsofa:

Not that I would do it myself, but at Sunglass Hut, they have something that warms up the frames so that they can be shaped to the customers face. They've done it on a pair of Persol sunglasses.

Latest Posts

Back