1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

I have seen this happen recently. Hopefully it is obvious that this should not be allowed. Is there already a rule for this I missed? I am not talking about asking|SOLD price, but rather the modification of critical details [item condition, pics, etc...] in a post.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Where have you seen that happen?

FWIW, no matter when or how a post is edited, moderators and staff can see the posts in every form they were ever made in. That includes all edits. Once you hit post, it's their for them to read no matter how you change it later.

Jacob Carstens likes this.
  3. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

I have seen that... recently. I'm not here to point specific fingers so I won't point out a specific thread - I'm really just interested in verification and/or awareness moving forward. I'll be happy to provide mods with details if they care to look into a specific example.

4. Jacob Carstens

Jacob Carstens Oakley Expert

That is so not cool :mad: and if it happens, it should be allowed to point fingers...
    It's in everybody's interest that we maintain a high level of trust and whereas it's hard to avoid those that will try to jerk you around in private messages - directly cheating by altering your post after a sale - in my opinion should be outed.

STavros likes this.
  5. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

a way around this would be to quote a persons for sell post when replying 'pm'd'. this way the original post will be there in your pm'd post.....

6. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

While I haven't sold much on here, the few threads I did have stuff selling I left each item in the post until the buyer had it and I knew they were happy. The reply when you "pm" is an excellent idea.

Jacob Carstens likes this.