• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

? - Modifying exchange listing details after item has been SOLD

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I have seen this happen recently. Hopefully it is obvious that this should not be allowed. Is there already a rule for this I missed? I am not talking about asking|SOLD price, but rather the modification of critical details [item condition, pics, etc...] in a post.

I have seen this happen recently. Hopefully it is obvious that this should not be allowed. Is there already a rule for this I missed? I am not talking about asking|SOLD price, but rather the modification of critical details [item condition, pics, etc...] in a post.
Where have you seen that happen?

FWIW, no matter when or how a post is edited, moderators and staff can see the posts in every form they were ever made in. That includes all edits. Once you hit post, it's their for them to read no matter how you change it later.

Where have you seen that happen?
I have seen that... recently. I'm not here to point specific fingers so I won't point out a specific thread - I'm really just interested in verification and/or awareness moving forward. I'll be happy to provide mods with details if they care to look into a specific example.

I have seen that... recently. I'm not here to point specific fingers so I won't point out a specific thread - I'm really just interested in verification and/or awareness moving forward. I'll be happy to provide mods with details if they care to look into a specific example.
That is so not cool :mad: and if it happens, it should be allowed to point fingers...
It's in everybody's interest that we maintain a high level of trust and whereas it's hard to avoid those that will try to jerk you around in private messages - directly cheating by altering your post after a sale - in my opinion should be outed.

While I haven't sold much on here, the few threads I did have stuff selling I left each item in the post until the buyer had it and I knew they were happy. The reply when you "pm" is an excellent idea.

Back