1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Fernando

Fernando Oakley Expert Premium Member

hello all, first I wanted to thank the staff for all the work they do for all of us to enjoy this community.

this question is for moderators, not lately is happening , I see comments erased some people and other similar comments from other members left...

Same treads closed and others similar treads is open I do not understand the policy being followed to moderate the forums

why Is modérate only same members And no To All in The same conditions?

Thanks To All.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

3. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agreed on that

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've asked about that in PM before. The answer is it's not a deliberate cherry-picking or favoritism. It's simply being too busy, rushing through to clean a thread and maybe not catching every single post similar to ones that are being deleted, or catching one thread but not another.

Plus, different mods are responsible for different areas of the forum. Though the guidelines may be the same, how to enforce them can be to some degree subjective, so two different mods method of enforcement may appear inconsistent across the board.

Though that's just my 0.02; we'll see if Boss chimes in...

Ecko and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Plus......nothing's been happening recently that's so much fun.

6. Sun & Sand

Sun & Sand Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

It got deleted before you saw it.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

:headbang:

8. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Yeah agree with this - we do have a set of guidelines we follow, and generally we adhere to the forum rules. But as Kronin said, everyone (even the mods) interpret these differently. That's just human nature. There's no way to have 1 person mod every area, so we split them up, typically based on expertise of the subject areas. We are working to standardize it more-so moving forward, but it is definitely an uphill battle.

Fernando and Ecko like this.
  9. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

So now I know who deletes my crap hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cyclerdoug and QLR1 like this.
  10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've mentioned before - it'd be nice if who modded which sections was listed. I've seen other forums where on the main forum page, under each subforum it lists who the mods for it are. It wouldn't hurt.