• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mod's question ???

Fernando

O-Addict, the dark side calls me....
Premium Member
Madrid - Spain
hello all, first I wanted to thank the staff for all the work they do for all of us to enjoy this community.

this question is for moderators, not lately is happening , I see comments erased some people and other similar comments from other members left...

Same treads closed and others similar treads is open I do not understand the policy being followed to moderate the forums

why Is modérate only same members And no To All in The same conditions?

Thanks To All.

I've asked about that in PM before. The answer is it's not a deliberate cherry-picking or favoritism. It's simply being too busy, rushing through to clean a thread and maybe not catching every single post similar to ones that are being deleted, or catching one thread but not another.

Plus, different mods are responsible for different areas of the forum. Though the guidelines may be the same, how to enforce them can be to some degree subjective, so two different mods method of enforcement may appear inconsistent across the board.

Though that's just my 0.02; we'll see if Boss chimes in...

I've asked about that in PM before. The answer is it's not a deliberate cherry-picking or favoritism. It's simply being too busy, rushing through to clean a thread and maybe not catching every single post similar to ones that are being deleted, or catching one thread but not another.

Plus, different mods are responsible for different areas of the forum. Though the guidelines may be the same, how to enforce them can be to some degree subjective, so two different mods method of enforcement may appear inconsistent across the board.

Plus......nothing's been happening recently that's so much fun.

Yeah agree with this - we do have a set of guidelines we follow, and generally we adhere to the forum rules. But as Kronin said, everyone (even the mods) interpret these differently. That's just human nature. There's no way to have 1 person mod every area, so we split them up, typically based on expertise of the subject areas. We are working to standardize it more-so moving forward, but it is definitely an uphill battle.

Yeah agree with this - we do have a set of guidelines we follow, and generally we adhere to the forum rules. But as Kronin said, everyone (even the mods) interpret these differently. That's just human nature. There's no way to have 1 person mod every area, so we split them up, typically based on expertise of the subject areas. We are working to standardize it more-so moving forward, but it is definitely an uphill battle.
So now I know who deletes my crap hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've mentioned before - it'd be nice if who modded which sections was listed. I've seen other forums where on the main forum page, under each subforum it lists who the mods for it are. It wouldn't hurt.

Latest Posts

Back