• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog Lens Replacement Help

yoshi1984

I love working Dispatch
California
Hello.
I have a pair of crystal black Monster Dogs, and the black iridum lenses are getting pretty old, these are my beater pair of glasses so i didn't take a whole lot of care into the lenses.
I want to replace the lenses, but would try not to pay $65+tax for new MD lenses. I also want to get suggestions for good color lenses that match the crystal black frame.

I know that's sort of a hard color frame to find matching lenses for. Maybe titanium iridium? that's pretty neutrual and i do love the titanium iridium.
any help is appreciated, thanks!

Oakley_Sight said:
Fire iridium look good in any MD frame
That would be a really nice choice, at first i thought fire iridium and crystle black wouldn't go well, but then the MotoGP Jupiter's have that similar colorway and it looked pretty nice.

any iridium lens is gonna cost you the same as black iridium, if you want something different ice seem to be the popular choice for the custom monster dogs with crystal black frame. imo id upgrade to polarized. where do you live that they would charge you $10 of tax on a $55 item? thats almost 20%!

My local O store charges 65 plus tax for these saying it is teh "new pricing"..I paid 70 to get Md Black Irid lenses 3 weeks ago

I have a pair of crystal black MDs, I think staying with black iridium would be the way to go. I'm not sure how some of the more aggressive lens options would look in the frame.

The Game said:
any iridium lens is gonna cost you the same as black iridium, if you want something different ice seem to be the popular choice for the custom monster dogs with crystal black frame. imo id upgrade to polarized. where do you live that they would charge you $10 of tax on a $55 item? thats almost 20%!
oh California, it may not be 10$ but its still high...

Back