• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog Or Monster Pup?

It is not a stupid question...compared to some flashier things out it is a logical question. Tha Matte Black/Grey or customed with Black Iridium is nice for everyday use...I dont think several things -Blood Orange Half jacket 2's or Pink iridium Monster Pups are everyday pair....that was just a rude response...most people on here will not give u those kind of replies. Even though his head is literally bigger than mine which affects what styles we can wear Rustpot is right on target and the MD fits everything from dwarf like(smaller) heads like mine to bigger ones.

I think matte/black iridium is one of the nicest looking MDs, it should have taken the place of polished black which is already scratched before you touch it

The MD is the perfect pair for everyday use IMHO : classic Oakley design, highly customizable (icons, lenses, frames) not as expensive as other frames (xmetals) and fits almost any melon, as opposite to other every day frames (holbrooks, frogs, gascan or FC's)

Grab a Matte Black MD while u still can for sure...I like Polished ok but prefer Matte for the reasons stated above...among the few I kept were a few Matte Blacks(Gascan S/MP/MD/SJ/Unknown, Minute 2.0)

Wait I think i've said too much, don't want everyone wanting a MD frame otherwise there is less for me......:biggrin: These are the WORST frame ever produced everyone needs to steer clear of them..............PHEW think I got away with that.....:thumb:

You can use them for running for sure. I have to say the MD is a real classic, however I personally like the MP better. To me it's a bit more all-round suitable styling, and they fit me better than the MD...
Oh, and Oakley_sight doesn't pay me for saying this btw ;-)

You can use them for running for sure. I have to say the MD is a real classic, however I personally like the MP better. To me it's a bit more all-round suitable styling, and they fit me better than the MD...
Oh, and Oakley_sight doesn't pay me for saying this btw ;-)

HEHEHEHEHEHE..........................don't tell them the good things about the frame............:thumb:

Yes you could use them for running but I wouldn't (unless its away from the cops......:lol:) as there is no unobtanium to stop them slipping down. Me personally i'd look at Radars or the Jacket range for any sports activities

Haha, yeah. Specifically for sports I'd recommend anything different than a dog or pup. However, you could use them for running, it's not like a pair of frogs. They have a good grab and shape for activities. For running my favorite is the Flak Jacket by far.

I see a lot of people wearing their Flaks for everyday wear including me. Its the only part of my collection I have left untouched-I have about 10 and am not selling these no matter what..also for thin noses like me the bigger nosepads rule...Pups or Dogs may slip with running...but they are still both great ...and fast disappearing frames