• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More Backorder BS

a lot of variables go into determining when certain OCP parts are in stock or backordered, i dont know if the OCP department is seperate from the factory that makes the standard sunglasses or not.

I am not really crazy about OCP, i just stick to special editions, to much of a delay in having them, backorder issues, especially when ordering during summer when Oakley is always slammed with orders anyway, probably isn't the best time to get an OCP product.

a lot of variables go into determining when certain OCP parts are in stock or backordered, i dont know if the OCP department is seperate from the factory that makes the standard sunglasses or not.

I am not really crazy about OCP, i just stick to special editions, to much of a delay in having them, backorder issues, especially when ordering during summer when Oakley is always slammed with orders anyway, probably isn't the best time to get an OCP product.

The other pairs of Oakleys I've had, I just bought in a store so I've never dealt with ordering through the website before. So this whole experience is new to me, thus the frustration. As far as the OCP goes, if I'm going to be spending that much money on sunglasses, I'd be much happier if I got them exactly how I want them. Which I'm sure is the case with a lot of people, hence the backup in orders. Some of the special editions are cool, but most of them just aren't my taste. I was about to buy the Infinite Hero edition Fuel Cell but then I checked the lens guide and it said the violet iridium lenses aren't very dark. Seeing as I squint through the fire iridium lenses I have now when the sun is really bright, I couldn't even imagine getting something that lets through 40% more light. That was sort of disappointing because I really like the way those glasses look. I wish Oakley would have the option for solid color stems on the Fuel Cells in addition to the designs. But now I'm just getting off topic...

I got an email from Oakley CS saying "Our website states that custom eyewear can take up to 14 business days to process and build before it’s shipped. Currently your order is within that time frame and in process." and "Some peoples orders over the summer did take a longer time to fill than anticipated. Currently this is not the case." I can't decide if this should make me feel hopeful or if they're just saying that so I don't get mad at them.

They also said about the case I ordered: "The case is now currently showing temporarily sold out and should be back in stock shortly."

The other pairs of Oakleys I've had, I just bought in a store so I've never dealt with ordering through the website before. So this whole experience is new to me, thus the frustration. As far as the OCP goes, if I'm going to be spending that much money on sunglasses, I'd be much happier if I got them exactly how I want them. Which I'm sure is the case with a lot of people, hence the backup in orders. Some of the special editions are cool, but most of them just aren't my taste. I was about to buy the Infinite Hero edition Fuel Cell but then I checked the lens guide and it said the violet iridium lenses aren't very dark. Seeing as I squint through the fire iridium lenses I have now when the sun is really bright, I couldn't even imagine getting something that lets through 40% more light. That was sort of disappointing because I really like the way those glasses look. I wish Oakley would have the option for solid color stems on the Fuel Cells in addition to the designs. But now I'm just getting off topic...

I got an email from Oakley CS saying "Our website states that custom eyewear can take up to 14 business days to process and build before it’s shipped. Currently your order is within that time frame and in process." and "Some peoples orders over the summer did take a longer time to fill than anticipated. Currently this is not the case." I can't decide if this should make me feel hopeful or if they're just saying that so I don't get mad at them.

They also said about the case I ordered: "The case is now currently showing temporarily sold out and should be back in stock shortly."

yes, chrome iridium and violet iridium do let in a lot of light (maybe the most light) compared to black iridium, which is why i don't wear those lens colors, they are more for show than anything else to me.

I understand your view on getting a exact preference on a pair of glasses, i got a custom fuel cell with japan flag icons/microbag, i'd like another in a little different style but the other ocp frames don't have a lot of options on them, i.e. Antix, batwolf has a pretty awful icon selection.
I just noticed on OCP, they added a notice saying their products take at least 14 days to build and ship. It seems Oakley really wants that to be apparent to their customers and to give them time.
There was another post about OCP issues a while back on here, saying even though you may be changing a lens or frame color out of the norm for the standard glasses, you are still making ONE UNIQUE pair to yourself and that requires another separate person building it and to take the time to pick the parts and everything, so for a company like Oakley who is already getting bigger than what they can handle, it becomes an matter of patience.

I am guessing the custom case you ordered is the large carbon fiber vault? i have two, but not ocp cases, and those were listed as temporarily sold out on oakley.com
along with the square o graphite case, which were available for a while after being out of stock, they are noiw out of stock again.

keep us updated on your OCP! hopefully you'll be happy with them after all this and it'll be worth the stress.

If I forget about them it will be a nice extra Christmas surprise! LOL

Yup, China icons, China microbag, and custom stem. :D
Nice, i want to do that custom earstem. I ordered mine just before they offered that option.
I like the 'market' design in white with black to match the headliner case.

Nice, i want to do that custom earstem. I ordered mine just before they offered that option.
I like the 'market' design in white with black to match the headliner case.
Oooh. I didn't even notice that it was the same pattern as the Headliner case. Nice!

I got the Broken design with red, yellow and black for my China custom.

yes, chrome iridium and violet iridium do let in a lot of light (maybe the most light) compared to black iridium, which is why i don't wear those lens colors, they are more for show than anything else to me.

I understand your view on getting a exact preference on a pair of glasses, i got a custom fuel cell with japan flag icons/microbag, i'd like another in a little different style but the other ocp frames don't have a lot of options on them, i.e. Antix, batwolf has a pretty awful icon selection.
I just noticed on OCP, they added a notice saying their products take at least 14 days to build and ship. It seems Oakley really wants that to be apparent to their customers and to give them time.
There was another post about OCP issues a while back on here, saying even though you may be changing a lens or frame color out of the norm for the standard glasses, you are still making ONE UNIQUE pair to yourself and that requires another separate person building it and to take the time to pick the parts and everything, so for a company like Oakley who is already getting bigger than what they can handle, it becomes an matter of patience.

I am guessing the custom case you ordered is the large carbon fiber vault? i have two, but not ocp cases, and those were listed as temporarily sold out on oakley.com
along with the square o graphite case, which were available for a while after being out of stock, they are noiw out of stock again.

keep us updated on your OCP! hopefully you'll be happy with them after all this and it'll be worth the stress.

I know what you're saying about the custom in other frames, the stems for Fuel Cells is really what makes it perfect for OCP. But at least with other styles you can still get the frame, lens and icon colors that you want. And actually I ordered the square o graphite hard case. Which, as you pointed out, says it's sold out...Something it didn't say when I ordered it. But hopefully it'll at least be back in stock before or at the same time as my sunglasses, so I can have a case to protect them. I used to have the large soft vault a few years back, that I got with the pair of XXs I have now (yes, they're very old lol) but I lost it about a year after I got it. I'm surprised I haven't broken them after all these years without having a case. The lenses are pretty dinged up, but nothing broke.

It is nice to see that they finally updated their site with certain things being listed as sold out, and that new notification for the OCP page. It was so annoying when it seemed like they didn't give a crap about having their site up to date with their inventory.

Edit: by the way, here's what I'm waiting to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back