• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More Fakes On Ebay....

I have no concept how anyone could purchase a pair of fake x-metals and not immediately realize they're fake.

I have no concept how anyone could purchase a pair of fake x-metals and not immediately realize they're fake.
You must not be that old.

I will tell you how that happens. My personal story was I was new to Oakley Juliets, Long frustrating drive, Still had faith in people, Had a very convincing box, coin paperwork, lastly just switched from Glasses to contacts and they were really bothering me and couldn't focus very well. Long drive + frustration + newby+ trust = scammed.

The only part of a story of a scam I like to hear about is the part of how bad the scam e %^$^ that person up once he ran back into the scammer. Still looking for that good ending to my story. My paper trail file is getting thicker. All I can say is Tick Tock

You must not be that old.

I will tell you how that happens. My personal story was I was new to Oakley Juliets, Long frustrating drive, Still had faith in people, Had a very convincing box, coin paperwork, lastly just switched from Glasses to contacts and they were really bothering me and couldn't focus very well. Long drive + frustration + newby+ trust = scammed.

Had you ever seen an authentic juliet in person prior to the one you purchased?

Yes. But knowing that they had been made for 10 plus years I figured the small differences I saw right away may have been more due to design changes not decption. Never really nee that fakes were as common as they are. Also figured that the all metal kept them from copying them. I can say the only good that came out of it is I found this forum and am now a paid member.

The statement that knowledge is power is never more true in the world of Oakleys.
Trust lack of knowlege and gullibility will get you everytime.

My thirst to expand my collection overroad my common sense. It won't happen again.
I think after you acquire a few to look at you calm down and start to be more cautious. Especially if you bite the big one

I tell you it caused me to re-examine all my glasses just to be on the safe side. I still have this bad feeling that one day I will find that some of my lenses ar BS

Yeah, I imagine that if one wasn't aware that there were fakes available that one wouldn't naturally be on guard against something like that.

The reason I asked is because there are "good" fakes and "bad" fakes, in terms of quality. The Pit Boss fake has caught some folks that were even aware that they're out there off guard.

Your comment about lenses is a big fear of mine- that would make the job of the buyer much more difficult, as the lenses are one of the clues to spotting the fakes. I don't believe that the fakes can accept genuine lenses.

If you look at my thread kn the fakes I just bought you will see some very detailed pictures. Knowing what I know now I feel like an idiot. 1.
Blurring contacts and dark. Couldnt really see orbital screws
2. Didn't think about looking ay screws in back of nose piece
3. Didn't know about tell tale sign of bent stem tips and chalked it up to design changes
4. Noticed blue lenses were off color more purple. Chalked it up to production irregulararities.
5. Figured box coin were real and could atleast get 1/2 my money back

Once I got home I realized it when I got better into better light.
Removed lenses and they were paper thin.
Did you ever hear that clicker noise that u see in all Ww2 movies for troops to communicate? Yep thats the sound these lenses make when you put slight flexing pressure on them

Latest Posts

Back