• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More Fakes On Ebay....

lawman0210 after you posted those pics, I think most of the members here can all agree that the entire package as a whole is probably the best Juliet fake so far. There are minor differences in the glasses that give it away but the box, paperwork and coin... unless you handle and stare at your original box, coin and paperwork all the time, it would be very hard to tell the differences. Side by side, sure... but at the exchange point... maybe not so much.

I'm definitely looking forward to a happy ending to your story!

We can only do so much... I've reported it more than once and even send them the thread by lawman0210 where he posted all the comparison pics but eBay never took it down. Another buyer sent them in to Oakley and got a letter back saying they were fake. I suspect that is the best route to get your money back, with a letter from the horses mouth confirming it's non-authenticity. Why listen to those silly people on Oakleyforum... instead we'll leave the auction up, let money exchange hands, waste everybody's time and end up covering the obligated amount for buyer protection (which I believe is only $200)... o well.:(

This makes me a sad collector hearing stories of people getting taken. I recently purchased 2x pair and when they arrived I immediately felt like I had bought very high quality fakes because both of glases right lens was just a bit loose. I chalked it up to possible lens replacement but they were in immaculate condition. I took it upon myself to call Oakley and read off the order numbers on the box and the lady on the phone verified them and the color lenses.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321163676242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This was the auction I purchased. After spending $400 a pair previously, 650 was nothing for 2 pair :p They arrived in immaculate condition, except for the right lenses being a hair loose when cleaning I can feel it.

Er I hate to be giving more bad news on the issue of fakes but I purchased some X Squareds in Manila last month for $58 dollars of Sulit their version of Craigs List . Met the woman in a Mall she had selection I choose Gun Metal frame with Hero Violet Polarized lenses . They came with a case bag and cloth . I popped into the Oakley dealer ( X Squared all over the place at moment ) and compared them and sadly they looked better than the display pair but overall exact. I also got a pair of Oakley Crosslinks as well needless to say as good as the real thing . Having examined these glasses closely and looking at my genuine X Metals I have started to wonder just what these are made of as they were, as far as I could tell, the same weight as the shop ones and it certainly isnt alloy . Needless to say my woman is bringing over a pair of Juliets next mth straight end tips !!! and a large torpedo case .

Er I hate to be giving more bad news on the issue of fakes but I purchased some X Squareds in Manila last month for $58 dollars of Sulit their version of Craigs List . Met the woman in a Mall she had selection I choose Gun Metal frame with Hero Violet Polarized lenses . They came with a case bag and cloth . I popped into the Oakley dealer ( X Squared all over the place at moment ) and compared them and sadly they looked better than the display pair but overall exact. I also got a pair of Oakley Crosslinks as well needless to say as good as the real thing . Having examined these glasses closely and looking at my genuine X Metals I have started to wonder just what these are made of as they were, as far as I could tell, the same weight as the shop ones and it certainly isnt alloy . Needless to say my woman is bringing over a pair of Juliets next mth straight end tips !!! and a large torpedo case .

pics bro?

Latest Posts

Back