• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More Matte Lenses in X-Metals (Juliets & XX)

Yes, the problem is getting Dillon to sell them by themselves. Usually they will ask for you to send one of their frames in and they will install them, or you will have to buy a full set (frame with lenses) from them
Hmm, funny way of doin' business.. I sort of understand that they want to protect their brand, but sales are sales.. If they were smart they would just price them higher or equal as a complete pair..
What they are doing now is sell the complete pair of glasses, we rip out the lenses and recut them for Oakleys, and toss the frame onto the scrap pile.. that is not only stupid, it's a waste of energy.

Hmm, funny way of doin' business.. I sort of understand that they want to protect their brand, but sales are sales.. If they were smart they would just price them higher or equal as a complete pair..
What they are doing now is sell the complete pair of glasses, we rip out the lenses and recut them for Oakleys, and toss the frame onto the scrap pile.. that is not only stupid, it's a waste of energy.
But if you want them, you gotta pay the play...

They are not available on this side of the pond, so it will be a nice challenge to get them here..
Lets start by letting X-MAN fix my frames.. we'll see what the future brings :acute:
There actually *is* a Dillon distributor in the U.K...

Might want to check :)

Ty Dillon (no relation) Nascar driver was on the radio this morning touting his sponsor Dillon Optics as the only sunglasses with matte lenses. He made sure to point out a couple of times that the only way to get these lenses is to buy their sunglasses.

I found myself a Dillon dealership in Germany, but all they have is black, silver and gold.. no blue.. :cry:

Theoretically, if I buy 1 pair, I can keep ordering new sets, all I need to do is convince them of the fact that my local optometrist can cut the lenses too, in order to 'save the shipping costs' . :onthequiet: