• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

More PLATE'S

now we all know thats like hunting for a unicorn.. it just doesnt exist! (lens wise at least!)

I have two unicorns then.

Actually this is something that I never knew about until being a member of this Forum (and reading reviews on O-Review) - that LOADS of Romeo owners mention 'stress cracks' and similar when talking about their Romeos. Both my pairs are absolutely perfect. No marks, no cracks, no scratches.

What on earth are you lot doing with your Romeos to crack the lenses?
I assume swapping the lenses around, no doubt.

Awesome find! Plates seemed very underrated when they were new. I picked up mine from an Oakley warehouse sale years ago for only $50.

Yeah - I passed up on some pairs of these years ago from a UK store that were practically giving them away. But I'm not a big fan of them, to be honest. I can understand the appeal though - and must congratulate O_S for this daylight robbery he has performed.

Now what was he saying about **** Turpin yesterday?

Haha.

Actually, looking at the pics from the OP, I assume that there is now a chalk-outline where those Plates were once sitting.
Cos at £59, that spot is now a crime scene, man.

:wink:

I have two unicorns then.

Actually this is something that I never knew about until being a member of this Forum (and reading reviews on O-Review) - that LOADS of Romeo owners mention 'stress cracks' and similar when talking about their Romeos. Both my pairs are absolutely perfect. No marks, no cracks, no scratches.

What on earth are you lot doing with your Romeos to crack the lenses?
I assume swapping the lenses around, no doubt.

i wouldnt know Ive never owned one from new, the pair i have is second hand very lightly used.. and there are chips off the lens (very small but i can see them)where the metal corner touches the lens (at the screw joint). judging by how the hinges move, im guessing big heads and excessive flexing will cause that point to press into the lens and gouge/stress it. Lucky my head isnt a watermelon, and i actually need the 25 templeshocks for a nice snug fit with the romeos. as with all x-metal, wearing only by sliding down from the top, and not prying the earstems open to pull it over your face is the way to keep them in good order.

ps, closeup photos of your lens at the screw points please! as a reference for mine

just a question re the lenses actually.. you know how the lenses have a 'tab' on one side? ie not perfectly oval? my lenses, following the xmetal script, means this tab is not pointing to the nosebridge, but to the earstems instead. is this correct? ill post photos if clarification is needed..

Yeah - I passed up on some pairs of these years ago from a UK store that were practically giving them away. But I'm not a big fan of them, to be honest. I can understand the appeal though - and must congratulate O_S for this daylight robbery he has performed.

Now what was he saying about **** Turpin yesterday?

Haha.

Actually, looking at the pics from the OP, I assume that there is now a chalk-outline where those Plates were once sitting.
Cos at £59, that spot is now a fking crime scene, man.

:wink:

HEY HEY what are you trying to say? I'll have you for slander........................................................well i would if it wern't true...........still win some loose some ROB some LOL

I'd like to have a Plate someday, how is the fitment on them? What other frames would you compare their size to?

Difficult to compare them to anything i can bring to mind. They do wrap around you face nicely & fit snug, better than the Monster Dog & seam a perfect size for my face which is medium when buying hats & helmets. They are very light & you could wear them all day without a problem due to it. Hope this helps.

Well worth getting hold of one if you can but i wouldn't pay the $250+ you see them going for on the bay.

Nice pickup dude. I just got this same pair myself for free. No box though. Dunno what to do with them.