• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most Enjoyable Lens To Look Through

Tungsten Iridium, Blue Iridium (VR28-base), +Red Iridium, and Fire Iridium...in that order. For driving, VR28 Black Iridium Polarized is my fave. Otherwise, I prefer non-polarized lenses.

Every time a topic like this comes up, I have a different response. This time around, I would say G30 is amazing to look through (although I wish they had a darker variant of it). You put them on and everything looks rosey for a minute or two. Once your eyes adjust, everything in the world comes alive, as if you were viewing it for the first time. The trees and grass scream "look at me, Mister!," the line down the middle of the road will burn your eyes out with it's intesity, and the blue sky takes on a trippy violet color. It's like being on some crazy drug or something ...then you take the glasses off and everything looks all washed out and bland, and you recall how horrible the world actually looks. :biggrin:

...I also like HI Persimmon, +Red, and Emerald....just saying.

Favs are Ice, Black and recently become keen + red it is really pleasant to wear,not a great fan of polarized lenses unless I am on or near water ,the "rainbow"effect from car windows ect drives me nuts.

I would have to agree that VR28 BIP is a simply incredible color to look through while driving over distance. Locally for me its "eh"-probably mainly because where I live isn't much to look at but also because I've seen it all already. But if I'm heading up to my old hometown or on any drive outside of town, VR28 BIP is amazing....its easy on the eyes, its a killer contrast lens and you can see SO much more in the shadows and it keeps your eyes from getting tired. Its also a versatile performer in that you can leave it on even if the clouds come in here and there.

My 1st on my list is tungsten (polarized & non polarized) & gold iridium, 2nd is ruby, 3rd fire, 4th 24k. 5th ice, 6th emerald, 7th black

My favorite lens to look through are the very common Black Iridium Polarized lens. I love how they add a slight clean looking "blueish" hue to everything...everything looks beautiful while driving. My second choice is the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lens. That slight "Pink'ish" hue is definately different. Makes everything look kinda sweet and the color tends to pick up my mood a little. Those 2 are pretty much it for me.
...and as far as the "Rainbow" effect from wearing Polarized lens when looking at certain windows, car stereo interface etc. I absolutely love that effect.:)

My favorite lens to look through are the very common Black Iridium Polarized lens. I love how they add a slight clean looking "blueish" hue to everything...everything looks beautiful while driving.Makes everything look kinda sweet and the color tends to pick up my mood a little.
Blueish? I didn't notice that. I always thought they just made everything darker. I always explain to people that the plain black just makes everything the amount of brightness you're eye wants it naturally to be, but can't make it itself. But then again I don't have the iridium, just plain grey polarized.

Also I know exactly what you mean about picking up my mood. After practice today we had a meeting, so I switched my flaks out for my custom jupiter squareds, (I get this feeling everytime) and I just think "WOW I wish I always saw like this" It's just so pleasant, and just nice to look through.
Those 2 are pretty much it for me.
...and as far as the "Rainbow" effect from wearing Polarized lens when looking at certain windows, car stereo interface etc. I absolutely love that effect.:)
Same I think it's kinda cool, it lets me know I'm wearing some serious quality on my face. Besides I'd rather see tiny streaks than huge glare!

I just really like wearing Oakley. I have a lot of other quality lenses and frames but Oakley's lenses do more than just block the sun- they make your whole life look better :D

Back