• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most Enjoyable Lens To Look Through

Only have experience with +Red, Ice Iridium, and OO Red. Didn't like how OO Red had a more blueish (G40?) tint. Tends to make my head hurt.

+Red is my go-to. Very versatile lens on rides.
Despite Ice not having any contrast properties, I'm always impressed with how well the color definition is. It's so much more than a plain tint.

Only have experience with +Red, Ice Iridium, and OO Red. Didn't like how OO Red had a more blueish (G40?) tint. Tends to make my head hurt.

+Red is my go-to. Very versatile lens on rides.
Despite Ice not having any contrast properties, I'm always impressed with how well the color definition is. It's so much more than a plain tint.

yeah ice uses oakleys standard "grey" base which has a slight tint of blue in it whih does really well to neutralise the yellow of sunlight and make everything that much crisper. you'll find it in black iridium, emerald, jade etc..

yeah ice uses oakleys standard "grey" base which has a slight tint of blue in it whih does really well to neutralise the yellow of sunlight and make everything that much crisper. you'll find it in black iridium, emerald, jade etc..

Is this also the case for blue iridium? I have both blue iridium(regular not the vr28 version) and grey and sometimes wonder if I detect a slightly cooler view when looking through the BI.

Also is this "slight tint of blue" you describe caused by the color of the iridium lens or by the iridium itself? Or a combination of both maybe.

I've always been a fan of ice iridium, but I gotta say I am digging the ruby iridium in my Juliets. As far as my daily drivers, I've got OO + Red Iridium polarized lenses in the Split Jackets.

Back