• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most red lens offered

YungPiss

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I have a couple pairs of Oakleys but never paid much attention to all the variety that the brand offers. Just signed up to ask this rather silly and superficial question. I really want a pair of red iridium lensed sunglasses. They are for casual use, nothing very specialized or demanding. What I want to know is which lens looks the most bright red from the outside, not looking through. Think Cyclops in the first X-Men movie. From my research on the website it seems like my lens choices are between Positive Red iridium, ruby iridium, torch iridium and Oo red iridium. Positive red seems very popular but has more blue when you look at them than what I'd like. I'm leaning towards ruby but want some info from people who know. I know I should just go to a store and look firsthand, but it is pretty far away and this is just initial research. Thanks in advance!

20120720_26fe6f.jpg

For Red Red my favorite is Linegear. Only do xmetal lenses.

Top picture is my Premium Red Linegear Lenses - I like them because they have a bit more pink in them...stunning lens...

Second picture is my Custom Cut 3rd Gen OEM Ruby lenses (much easier to come by nowadays)...

3rd Picture is my old Revant Red Lenses...

**oem and revant are identical**

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

View attachment 261533
For Red Red my favorite is Linegear. Only do xmetal lenses.
Wow these look awesome. Extremely red. Are those the red mirror or premium red? Looking at their site now. I need to get better versed in the models of Oakley frames. I currently have a pair of Valves and my other ones I can't find. What is the X-Metal designation mean? Thanks!

X-metals are the Penny, Juliet, Romeo, Romeo 2, X-Squared, and XX to name a few, they stopped making them, but are thee best of the best glasses

Wow these look awesome. Extremely red. Are those the red mirror or premium red? Looking at their site now. I need to get better versed in the models of Oakley frames. I currently have a pair of Valves and my other ones I can't find. What is the X-Metal designation mean? Thanks!
Linegear only makes lenses for XMetals...

Simply put, if your glasses are plastic, you don't have XMetals (like the ones I posted)...

Only bad thing about Linegear Red Mirror is that they are dark in the middle...

They stay consistently red at the edges, but they don't pop as hard overall as OEM Ruby, Revant or Linegear Premium Red...

Latest Posts

Back