• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most valuable X-Metals?

Shortly after Mr Jannards arrival onto the forum and the stirring of what would become the Red Event there were a few rumors of warehouse-full quantities of Shoe Ones being unsold (and that is what Jim used as trade bait at the event).

Wow that's such an awesome wealth of info. Makes me wish I kept the boxes and lord knows where the coins are:(. I'm glad I kept my r1s. They are definitely the most dramatic things as far as sunglasses goes. Was looking up the x squared and never knew they ever made them. Pretty cool stuff. Seems to be going for crazy prices.

So, after the Romeo 1, what is the second most sought after pair of X-Metals? My guess would be the XX, followed by XS. Speaking in general terms. Not including any types of special editions or anything.

The XX and XS are neck and neck right now in terms of market rate pricing and I think the XS fits more people better and is more versatile for actual wearing- that combined with what I STILL think in raw numbers are much less XS than the XX puts the XS in the lead.

I would agree there are far fewer XS, and they arguably the height of X metal evolution, however, there are no serialized XS. Some people prefer serials. No doubt they can only keep going up in price though.

agreed, Jordan Romeo and Leather Mars, I was lucky to get the Jordan Remeos with factory red ear socks

The rarest would be some of the one-offs, like the purple (and reportedly a few other colors) Juliets. Most expensive would be somewhere, the low serials, Jordan Romeo*, Leather Mars, Brown Juliet, 24k models, etc.

The Juliet has the most variants, as it was the longest running. Ichiro, Corvette, Duacti, etc.

*Jordan Romeos were the first run. They had 4-digit serial numbers, some with factory red ear socks but I believe most had all black.

Id like to go thru HQs garbage dumpster.........where are all the exchanged frames,i dont believe they got tossed out.and why is everything so secretive with this company.

Secrecy is not Oakley exclusive. Sometimes it's needed, but not for every little thing. I think it's all companies on all levels. There's secrecy even in the company that I work for between management level over the tiniest things. It's ridiculous.

Latest Posts

Back