• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most valuable X-Metals?

Last Nov I tried to sell a full set XS Polished Carbon BIP and it just wouldn't shift!
Posted it at 475 and ended up selling at 375 or thereabouts. See for yourselves:
For Sale - XS Polished Carbon BIP - sold | Oakley Forum
I keep hearing about how sought after the XS has become, so have things changed even in the last 4 months??! Would that one sell for 475 nowadays?
Changed huge- do an advanced search on eBay- an XS in good condition? With box etc? can't touch for under $500 since January. There's glasses only going for over $400 every day and that's when they pop up which isn't often. Don't know if its a market fluctuation but it is what it is. I'd kill for a Polished Carbon (or just Carbon) complete for $375 right now or frame only for $275 but nobody will go for it despite my efforts

Changed huge- do an advanced search on eBay- an XS in good condition? With box etc? can't touch for under $500 since January. There's glasses only going for over $400 every day and that's when they pop up which isn't often. Don't know if its a market fluctuation but it is what it is. I'd kill for a Polished Carbon (or just Carbon) complete for $375 right now or frame only for $275 but nobody will go for it despite my efforts

That's good info. thanks. So prices have spiraled since January... I should have been more patient!

I only buy Juliets; base models for R1 and XX go for more than base Juliets, but there are limited Juliets that go for as much and more.

I paid the most for a couple of Ichiros, then a Finito and about the same sort of amount for a JC and two JBRs.

Holidays suck
I agree holidays are low prices. It is when people get their income tax return is when I believe you get the most money for your Oakley's . It really kicks off around early February and slows down mid March this when you get the most money. I work at a bank so we are really busy during that time,so are stores do to people having large disposable income..

I love my complete polished carbon.. People are starting to notice there not everywhere any more.

I love my complete polished carbon.. People are starting to notice there not everywhere any more.

Dingo, if you have a chance, can you post up a pic of that polished carbon. I'm curious to see how that looks. I have the plain carbon BI XS. Just curious to see the difference.

Dingo, if you have a chance, can you post up a pic of that polished carbon. I'm curious to see how that looks. I have the plain carbon BI XS. Just curious to see the difference.
here one not home right now take pic of it later when it will be a polished ducati :)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Dingo, that frame looks nice. It's more darker in color than the carbon. I still need to see the X-Metal XS though. I don't know why, but lately I've really been into that colorway.

Back