• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Most valuable X-Metals?

Can't tell unless you know the serail number Jordan's are four digits .. But the red rubber most likely linegear.. Man about 1400 worth of sunglasses thow

Which are the rarest XS? Plasma and polished seem to be like hens teeth in the UK. Very few listed on ebay anyway. I would like to get these in time.

Not sure whether to concentrate on XSs and give up on having an 24K XX.

Which are the rarest XS? Plasma and polished seem to be like hens teeth in the UK. Very few listed on ebay anyway. I would like to get these in time.

Not sure whether to concentrate on XSs and give up on having an 24K XX.
I find it pretty rewarding concentrating on the Juliet, though I am somewhat predisposed to vertical collecting and the breadth of the Juliet range is unparalleled in the x-metals.

In contrast, collecting the set of the XS is doable - O-review shows 9 SKUs. That would be a nice achievement, the trickiest thing might be finding a 24k for a reasonable price.

I find it pretty rewarding concentrating on the Juliet, though I am somewhat predisposed to vertical collecting and the breadth of the Juliet range is unparalleled in the x-metals.

In contrast, collecting the set of the XS is doable - O-review shows 9 SKUs. That would be a nice achievement, the trickiest thing might be finding a 24k for a reasonable price.
Aah! Forgot about the 24K XS. That will give the old wallet a thorough beating.

Currently got:

OO6011-01 Carbon/Black Iridium currently in transit to get rx OO Red Iridium Lenses.
OO6011-03 Carbon/OO Black Iridium
OO6011-08 X-Metal/Ruby Iridium

As you can see a complete absence of polished/plasma.

I feel your pain! Have you managed to build up your collection again? Which is your pride an joy now?

Hmmm...that's tough; I don't think I have a pair that really stands WAY out and apart from the crowd right now. Which isn't bad- I love all my pieces equally.

Honestly if I had to like choose a "grail" type piece I'd probably say re-acquire a 24K Juliet and 24K Polarized cut for them...although I've also flirted with having a Polished Juliet maybe done custom with 24K finish on the arms and nosebridge and 24K lenses- that would be cheaper.

Back