• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Motorcycle goggles

Pezgoon

Oakley Beginner
Hey there guys new to the forum I couldn't really find any threads talking about this but anyone have experience with using goggles on a motorcycle? I wear a half helmet , thanks yall!

Hey there guys new to the forum I couldn't really find any threads talking about this but anyone have experience with using goggles on a motorcycle? I wear a half helmet , thanks yall!

No one has ever tried using a pair of their boarding goggles on a bike? Obviously the MX ones would work but they aren't tinted, I like the sealing ability of goggles over glasses and I currently use a crap pair of goggles but I'm interested in upgrading to some oaks instead. They are ansi rated so there's no reason they can't take the impact, I've just never handled a pair so I curious if anyone knows whether they can fit with a helmet (skiing/snowboarding helmets are very similar to half motorcycle helmets) and if anyone knows whether the venting system in the goggles may be too much at speed, any thoughts or ideas guys? Thanks

I've tried on a few at a store not too long ago (just some random O googles) and Id say if be hard to fit it with a helmet. If you mean like the snow goggles then yes

No one has ever tried using a pair of their boarding goggles on a bike? Obviously the MX ones would work but they aren't tinted, I like the sealing ability of goggles over glasses and I currently use a crap pair of goggles but I'm interested in upgrading to some oaks instead. They are ansi rated so there's no reason they can't take the impact, I've just never handled a pair so I curious if anyone knows whether they can fit with a helmet (skiing/snowboarding helmets are very similar to half motorcycle helmets) and if anyone knows whether the venting system in the goggles may be too much at speed, any thoughts or ideas guys? Thanks

there are tinted mx goggles

Oakley Mayhem Pro MX | Official Oakley Store

pretty much all goggles have a strap for helmets. Most snow goggles have two lenses sandwiched for anti-fog.
I use goggles when I ride the RZR or DH mountain biking. I have moto and snow goggles both work fine. Although the moto has a better fit for helmets I feel

Ahh when I had looked through the MX Goggles I thought they were all clear thanks for the link.
I was looking at the snow goggles more because they seemed to have a better field of vision but they did seem to be alottle big for a helmet, and I also figured they would be better for anti fog as when I get stuck in traffic I have to pull them down to see (the ones I have)

the_owl how are the field of vision and fogging/venting on the MX goggles? Do you think they would be alright for use on a bike?

pretty much all goggles have a strap for helmets. Most snow goggles have two lenses sandwiched for anti-fog.
I use goggles when I ride the RZR or DH mountain biking. I have moto and snow goggles both work fine. Although the moto has a better fit for helmets I feel

And for fit I am not referring to the strap fitting over the helmet I mean like does it fit like within the helmet like comfortable on your face while wearing a helmet

Oakley googles are great for most any helmet use that is not full face... Use them with my MX helmet for dirt & snow.

And for fit I am not referring to the strap fitting over the helmet I mean like does it fit like within the helmet like comfortable on your face while wearing a helmet
You would have to get a pair or bring your helmet to an Oakley store and try them out. Unless someone has your same setup.

ahh alright thanks guys! I ended up getting a pair of split jackets and grabbing the windjammer kit for it and that works great! So for now I'm gonna stick with those plus it gives me the interchangeable lens option

Latest Posts

Back