• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mountain Bikes

ECUOakley

Oakley Beginner
Queen City
I know I thought I saw a thread on here the other day about bikes but I was just wondering if anyone was big into mountain biking. I have started riding and want to get a bike but dont want to spend a fortune. Anyone have an suggestions or have one on here they are looking to sell or trade for one?

ecuoakley

I love riding and do it almost every weekend.

If you do not want to spend to much you should look into a hard tail. Treks are my choice and the Mamba is a great 29er. Not sure what your ideal range is though.

Theres a fuji I found with 29 inch tire that I am leaning toward. But I just graduated college and dont have to boat load to spend right now.

I know I thought I saw a thread on here the other day about bikes but I was just wondering if anyone was big into mountain biking. I have started riding and want to get a bike but dont want to spend a fortune. Anyone have an suggestions or have one on here they are looking to sell or trade for one?

ecuoakley

I got a Specialized Rock Hopper, kind of pricey but beats my 200 dollar bike.

I ride so much it affects my relationships
Get a bronson :assassin:

965977_10200704362445768_1217636252_o.jpg

I am going to be purchasing a new MTB real soon...REAL SOON! I have been adamantly looking and found a few I like.

CannondaleTrail SL 29er 4
c_13_3FS294_bbq_CE_12.png

Trek Marlin
52021?wid=1490&hei=1080&fit=fit,1&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=80,1&op_usm=0,0,0,0&iccEmbed=0

Kona Mohala
mohala.jpg

You should really go demo a a bike or two at a shop ($85) or find a demo days in your area from a manufacturer.Hardtails are good in that they force you to learn good technique instead of letting the suspension take the hit, but some people never get there.

I bought a cheep-o hardtail schwinn mountain bike from target last week. Decided to get into the mountain bike scene. So I am incredibly novice and am still terrified of rough terrain, but that's what this summer is for. Won't invest in an amazing bike until I get more into it though.

Latest Posts

Back