1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

So I was told that mph means they are left over parts put together to make a pair to sell. I have an MPH black matte frame with silver jaw and black iridium lens. This doesn't seem to be a factory coloway? Seems to me that should be a normal factory piece

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

3. lawman0210

Yes. Box says Mph

4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I have the same exact pair. They're really just leftovers/MPHs which happen to also have a listed SKU#.

It would seem that this is an obvious colorway they could've put out. They had silver frame/black jaws, all black, but never this (or all silver). It's a very objective combo and while I think the Jawbone/RJ is unattractive, this combo looks slick.

I do think that product pic was deceiving though. Against the editor the bolt and logo don't look chrome at all. I mistook the jaw as matte white as first. But thankfully that wasn't the case.

5. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

<===MPH means Mr Potato Head. Its a mismatch of parts put together in desirable combos to sell off D items.
    MPH isnt usually collectible but some cool stuff comes from it. If you buy from a vault or an authorized retailer like backcountry, they have to SKU it.
    Big surprise, they usually put gray or bronze lenses in MPH...

6. lawman0210

Other then all black I would have figured this to be a standard color way. No worries I bought them because of the two tone. Matches my beretta inox .40 cal as a bonus

7. kyle_2012

kyle_2012 Oakley Beginner

When you purchased these did they come with a case or a microfiber bag? I was just curious and considering picking up a pair myself.

8. lawman0210

Nose pieces and a micro bag

9. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

As in the spare larger ones? I never received any, nor did I catch other people who bought pairs before mention them.

I told CS about the purchase situation and asked where to get spares (website doesn't show anything). They made no mention that I should've had them. Just bought a nose piece set when my O-Store stocked up again yesterday.

Oh well, guess lucky you for saving $10. ha

10. lawman0210

They looked the same to me. I will check