• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mph

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I just bought an MPH Square Wire off eBay and was wondering what the general consensus is on MPH items? I mean, they're still official products right? Do they usually have some form of manufacturing error? I'm trying to find out more information about MPH items other than the fact that they're essentially frankensteined frames.

MPH= Mister Potatoe Head... Essentially they are offical products, made up of left over parts, sometimes if they have an overage of a specific color frame, they toss in slate lenses and sell them as MPH wires etc.... Also if they have an abundance of frames, lets say the 10th Mountain Division Gascan, they put them in a black microfiber bag instead of the artist series one, minus the collectible pin too... Then toss it in a basic Oakley box with nothing else. They sell it a little cheaper to move them out. No manufacturing error that I know of because you still get the offical warranty.

In this case it does seem like it was an overage of the frame. Everywhere I looked it was the pewter Square Wire frame. Do they usually throw in slate lenses? I actually would've preferred slate. I think the ones that are coming in mine are grey or warm grey.

Either way, I plan on getting black iridium for them.

In this case it does seem like it was an overage of the frame. Everywhere I looked it was the pewter Square Wire frame. Do they usually throw in slate lenses? I actually would've preferred slate. I think the ones that are coming in mine are grey or warm grey.

Either way, I plan on getting black iridium for them.

I believe those are the same ones that 6pm.com was selling 2 weeks ago at a blow out price of $37.99 or something seriously low like that. Warm grey or grey is a common lens used in MPH too...

I just checked my deal of the day Oakley history, and it was 6pm.com they had them for $31.50.... Pewter frame grey lenses...... Hope you didn't pay a lot....

The one I won off eBay was listed as MPH.

Yes, it will actually have the MPH on the label of the box. They look just like any other Oakley product and actually Pewter/Warm Grey is a standard colorway for the New Square Wire, I don't think the offered Black Iridium in the Pewter frame (maybe Black Iridium Polarized).

xmetalmaniac is right you do have to keep an eye out for the MPH glasses, I have seen them go on sale and then find them on eBay the next day for the non-sale price.

Just a thought.........I think we need a specific sticky to start listing deals that are available online from retailers such as 6pm.com, steep and cheap, etc. That way if we do find a deal other members can grab them if they choose too. As they sell out we can update the thread or lock it, so others know its unavailable.

I just checked my deal of the day Oakley history, and it was 6pm.com they had them for $31.50.... Pewter frame grey lenses...... Hope you didn't pay a lot....
I paid $43.79. Not too horrible a price.

Yes, it will actually have the MPH on the label of the box. They look just like any other Oakley product and actually Pewter/Warm Grey is a standard colorway for the New Square Wire, I don't think the offered Black Iridium in the Pewter frame (maybe Black Iridium Polarized).

xmetalmaniac is right you do have to keep an eye out for the MPH glasses, I have seen them go on sale and then find them on eBay the next day for the non-sale price.
Cool, as long as they don't have any factory errors I'm fine with it. :D

Latest Posts

Back