• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mumbo Breakdown

mtedenajimenez

Oakley Expert
Bay Area, CA
Hello, I was wondering if some of you knowledgeable M frame folks can teach me a lesson about Mumbo's. The original Mumbo was only offered in 3 frame colors and 3 lens types (all grey right?). Was for example, the neon yellow only sold with a particular lens type, or did oakley offer 3 different versions of neon yellow with each lens type? Basically I would like to know how many combinations of Mumbo's Oakley sold, if it was only 3 (one color with a specific lens attached to it), or if it was 9 (each color available with each lens type)? Thanks for dropping some knowledge, anyone!

The Mumbo can't really be distinguished from the first generation M Frame can it? Other than having retail packaging that says "Mumbo (with Hammers)" I don't think there is a difference.

Try this:

The Oakley Review - Wiki (List) Of M Frames&lang=ENG

all i see stated in the wiki is that there were 3 original lens types (V, 67, Hybrid) offered w/ 3 frame types (black, neon yellow, white). i want to know if each frame type had only a single specific lens that it was offered with or if you could buy any color frame with any of the 3 lenses (making it 9 different combo's instead of 3?). basically how many unique model numbers were there for the original mumbo release, 3 or 9? or something else?

hi adrian

hope my responces helped you on the o-review

rustpot...

mumbos were the first m frames but due to a legal rangle with the mambo clothing company, (names mumbo was too similar to mambo) oakley then changed the name from mumbos to m-frames.

they then released additional new frame colourways in addition to the black, white and neon yellow.

the then newly released m frames didnt come in neon yellow which is why they are so sought after, however the black and white did continue for a while, so i guess mumbos and m-frames in black and white could be classed the same other than the packaging which would definitively tell you.

if you had a black or white pair in a m-frame box they are m-frames if they are in a box with the neon yellow mumbo text they are mumbos!

weren't they sold as just the frames? Then you could pick any lens shape making it 9 different combos?

all sold with grey lenses as standard in the 3 variational shapes, then you could buy other colourways seperately.