• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Music Thread

:laugh:EPICA. My other Favorite metal band.

Yeah man, I think I like your musical taste! The most perfect Dutch band there is :D I have seen them live 5 times now. I think I will visit their album release in March next year at 013 Tilburg too. They are awesome.

Also Draconian is in my iTunes library. And as I am typing this I am listening to the new Nightwish album, they really made Nightwish 2.0 with this album. It's awesome and theatrical. I have to say that I love many scandinavian bands, I should try moonsorrow too if I were you ;)

Yeah man, I think I like your musical taste! The most perfect Dutch band there is :D I have seen them live 5 times now. I think I will visit their album release in March next year at 013 Tilburg too. They are awesome.

Also Draconian is in my iTunes library. And as I am typing this I am listening to the new Nightwish album, they really made Nightwish 2.0 with this album. It's awesome and theatrical. I have to say that I love many scandinavian bands, I should try moonsorrow too if I were you ;)
I love OLD nightiwsh, not the Anette version of Nightwish...:( I preferred Tarja's operatic vocals'...I hate bashing Anette but she's not my type. I lost interest after Century Child...ONCE is epic but not their old sound....
LOVE LOVE Epica,, was just listening to 'consign to oblivion' badass song. Your freaking' lucky to live in the Netherlands...they have the best metal bands. Have you listened to Tristania? i loved them growing up.
Yeah, read on Epica's site about the album release concert selling out the second they releaed tickets for it lol. That's going to be insane dude, gotta tell me about it after you go! Do you have epica's classical conspiracy? really shows what Epica is about with the huge orchestra/choir, just perfect marriage of music and art right there.

I love Draconian, but miss Lisa dearly...any idea on what their future plans will be from now on? I am hoping they find a replacement...Have you heard of Leaves eyes? you may love them, very Scandinavian, a lot of songs about Viking warrior battles and such.

[video=youtube;_GdDIq_63vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdDIq_63vo[/video]

My all time Favorite Nightwish song...
[video=youtube;_zdyaxu8W7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zdyaxu8W7g[/video]

Yeah, Leaves' Eyes is also in my collection :) Also gotta love them indeed. With Nightwish I think with the new album they found the right way to fit Anette and the music really good together.
I have heard of Tristania, but never really listened an album of them. Maybe there has to come change to that...

And of course the Classical Conspiracy is in my collection (the limited edition :p), I have all their albums to date. Also went to the release party of Design Your Universe, was a really awesome show in Paradiso (an old Church in Amsterdam) with pyro and all.

Speaking of Draconian, I don't really know their future plans actually.

Oh, and talking about Viking songs etc. I listen pretty often to Amon Amarth too, just heavy and loud. And from time to time black metal from Vreid, gotta love their latest album (the fifth one, called simply: V). They are black metal, but not as simple as usual black metal, it has some kind of groove to it and is pretty complicated: Vreid - Fire on the Mountain - YouTube

Yeah, Leaves' Eyes is also in my collection :) Also gotta love them indeed. With Nightwish I think with the new album they found the right way to fit Anette and the music really good together.
I have heard of Tristania, but never really listened an album of them. Maybe there has to come change to that...

And of course the Classical Conspiracy is in my collection (the limited edition :p), I have all their albums to date. Also went to the release party of Design Your Universe, was a really awesome show in Paradiso (an old Church in Amsterdam) with pyro and all.

Speaking of Draconian, I don't really know their future plans actually.

Oh, and talking about Viking songs etc. I listen pretty often to Amon Amarth too, just heavy and loud. And from time to time black metal from Vreid, gotta love their latest album (the fifth one, called simply: V). They are black metal, but not as simple as usual black metal, it has some kind of groove to it and is pretty complicated: Vreid - Fire on the Mountain - YouTube

you sir have excellent music tastes :D
liv kristine is one of my favorite woman of metal :D

Still on my tech n9ne binge but i did listen to some cool trace last night.

You guys use spotify? its pretty great.

Spotify.com

Latest Posts

Back