• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Must Have For All Occasions?

Green13

Oakley Beginner
After been member of this community I haven't stop searching and learn..
So which models do you suggest that worths to buy and can wear in most occasions?
I really appreciate your opinion!

Last edited:
while not great for formal occasions, i've found my jawbones are nice for driving, and sporting activities (running, biking). They also make changing lenses soooo easy that with 2 or 3 pairs they are great for all light conditions.

My go-to pairs usually include:

Ice Pick w/ Vr28 BIP, extremely lightweight with very nice coverage. I don't know if you can find this model anymore, but they are amazing! This is also my standard driving pair, along with the Nanowire 2.0.
Fives 4.0 - Another very lightweight and all around pair to use. The Fives line is great in general. The Squared and 3.0 are worth looking at as well, and they are all very cheap!
Splice - Another pair that I love. This may not be good to use as a to-go pair, but they are very comfortable.
Gascan - Classic pair. Good for anything, though I have issues keeping them up on my head. If they are too small, try the Fuel Cell's. They are very comfortable.

As far as lenses go, this is completely bias but I love the Vr28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses. They are amazing, and I think I have it in almost every pair I own, or at least have a backup set for each pair. They work wonderful in intense light, and perform very well during sunset. Definitely a versatile lens!

versatility? i would go with a crosshair 1.0, or a juliet. unless its actual sport, then the radarlock xl comes into play. i think wearing sport pairs as a daily is weird. some of the older designs (half J etc) you get away with but mframes, radars and jawbones arent really day-to-day material.

the romeo i have been using daily these days alongside the c-six. the romeo is surprisingly comfy for all-day wear, whereas the C-six is a little less forgiving but its down to the fat arms, which sit very close to the head that makes it less comfy.

Already have start the hunt for Juliet ,the downside is that my knowledge is pure to choose the correct without it's well known issues.
Which are the differences between Romeo vs Juliet?

Already have start the hunt for Juliet ,the downside is that my knowledge is pure to choose the correct without it's well known issues.
Which are the differences between Romeo vs Juliet?
you always gonna have issues romeo stress on the lens, Juliet loose nose bridge overtime nothing is perfect bro its whats suits you.

Here in Greece there isn't any chance to try the xmetal ..
I have tried the whisker that suits me fine so which frame of xmetal may looking for?
Thank you.

Back