• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Re:Subzero

The Sub line has moved poorly no matter which style or what label they carry... you can still get most Muzm subs if you look hard enough, except maybe the Planet X after almost two years, the Braindead sub is still available. Resubs have not taken off in popularity, and the MVP program is such a joke I am not sure you don't have to resign up to it every month to get the emails... I resigned up to it a few months ago and got nothing on this current resub MVP which means allot of people know nothing about it that might would have bought it. MVP is probably the WORSE program Oakley ever did. The only one I own is the Plazma and that is because I collect Plazma special eds not because it was MVP.

Too bad. It seems a bit disingenuous to release these again like this.

Since were a few days into MVP days and haven't seen a new MVP frame it makes me wonder if they forgot to do a new one and just pushed this one back out again...
I'm more cynical in this idea. I don't think they forgot at all, since marketing and production is usually 6+ months to years out in their planned timelines. I think it was intentional so they could move the over stock in a slick fashion due to bottom line.

Too bad. It seems a bit disingenuous to release these again like this.

Since were a few days into MVP days and haven't seen a new MVP frame it makes me wonder if they forgot to do a new one and just pushed this one back out again...
Plausible. My GUESS is with three on the site still available (Encoder, Corridor and this) they're probably loathe to do a 4th release. They're still sitting on 13.11s as well- so a LOT of the "limited" production items just aren't selling through right now. Oakley isn't a hot brand- It's not Pit Viper. They might be a bit shy of pushing out another limited item to shelves that just won't move.