1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

I've been fancying a Romeo 1 for a while but kept getting put off by the high prices. And ended up getting something else.

These came up at a decent price and after a lot of thought I decided to go for it. They were a decent price I think at £240. Frame and rubbers in great condition, apart from missing top gasket (I've ordered one from linegear). The lenses have stress cracks and a few light scratches, mainly on right lens but not too bad.

In the near future I plan some custom cut lenses and possibly matching rubber kit.

I'm so glad I went for Romeo's and I like them even more than I expected. They fit me quite nicely too. I stripped them down and gave them a good clean but they weren't that bad.

My 1st Romeo 1 just arrived - 70FCA7E1-8458-444D-958F-03F5DCC2601D_zpsnfilj0ta.jpg My 1st Romeo 1 just arrived - 7D04ACD2-ED7E-4E40-A01A-2EDC59AA6999_zpsidimezmx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 11/24/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Valkie 2

Valkie 2 Oakley Collector

Love the R1 - still my favourite pair ever, congrats on these - just know you'll never stop at just one R1!

3. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations! The R1 is a great frame to have. I love seeing mine in my display case.

4. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Thanks! I knew I had to have a pair and thought get one before they get even more expensive and more out of reach.

I plan to wear them but not too often and I'll take care. I read that putting them on over your head like a goggle avoids causing stress cracks.

dragonvoi likes this.
  5. David_Oakley

David_Oakley Oakley Enthusiast

Great pick up at a good price. R1s are my favorite bar none.

6. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

I think it might be my favourite too.
    I was pleased with the price, I'd watched quite a few on eBay and they always went higher than I was willing to pay at the time.

7. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Nice one, and for 240 quid! Well done............

8. Romeo78

Romeo78 Oakley Enthusiast

On the top of my fave collection : R1 Michael Jordan Edition XXX0

My 1st Romeo 1 just arrived - 1416616284102-1356569448.jpg

9. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Yeah I was really happy with price. I've seen a few fetch half as much again.

10. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Wow, they're amazing! I did wonder if Romeos were over hyped but they're definitely my favourite metal so far and I've had a few juliets, penny and x squared. Still fancy a mars at some stage.

I actually sold my X squared to fund these. I had the polished with VR28 bip which were an amazing pair, but I wear all mine and I found them a bit too flashy for me personally. The X squared sold for more than the romeo cost so that's a bonus.

dragonvoi likes this.