• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My 5th Custom Juliet

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
So for my 5th Custom Juliet I decided to go X-Man Black again. The donor frame was a $75 1st Gen Plasma/Fire Juliet that had seen better days to say the least! The donor was factory tight but had a nasty gouge on the top of the right orbital and some pretty decent scratches on the right orbital as well. The X-Man sanded out the gouge and totally restored the entire frame before laying down a nice coat of Matte Black paint. Donor lenses are Half Jacket 2.0 Violet Iridium flawlessly cut by xmetalmaniac. Let me tell you about his cuts.....comparing them to factory cuts is like comparing 2 OEM Juliet lenses. Todds custom cuts come complete with polished edges and are cut to the frame to ensure an EXACT fit! No decision yet on an EdsJunk custom etch yet....got some killer ideas though!!! Here are some before and after pics of this custom...please note the condition of the frame when The X-Man received it and how I received it. Unbelieveable refinish work!!!! Enjoy members!!

Thank you VERY much!!!!

1. The X-Man....a superb restore and refinish job!!!!
2. xmetalmaniac...ANOTHER perfect cut job and UTMOST patience!!!
3. Oakster...The fantastic deal on the frame!!!
4. EdsJunk....when I decide I'm sure the etch will be stellar!!!!

Before......

DSC05747.jpg

DSC05748.jpg

DSC05749.jpg

DSC05753.jpg

After.....

aqujyge2.jpg

8utuvaju.jpg

y3yga2y2.jpg

Damn... I never saw the before shots!!!! Big difference! X-Man does great work!!!! Damn those lenses look awesome too, I gotta find the guy who does them!!!!!

I'm continually amazed at not only the concepts that people develop for customizing, but also the execution by the guys cutting lenses and doing the work on the frames. Great job all involved, they look slick!

That transformation merits more than phone pics!
I got blown up in another thread over my enthusiasm for the fact that the "golden age" of X Metals is happening after X Metals were discontinued- but this is a great example.
From the deep gouges in the orbitals to the recessed rivets in the flex coupler, man that frame was rode hard and put away wet.
Yet here it is better than new.
Great thread!