• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My $70 Juliets- Was It Worth It?

Was this a good buy or not so good?

• Good Buy

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Bad Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coach Lewis

Oakley Enthusiast
Arizona
So I found these Julets #T041873A locally. A widower was selling her husbands belongings. I drove 55 minutes to pick them up for $70. They came with a new pair of non-polarized gray lens and a root beer earsock/nose pad kit. They are super loose as you can see. I thought about sending them to XMAN for a new look. Any thoughts about value or what I can do with them. I do only have 3 pairs now for my collection...

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 429
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 379
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 357
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 353
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 374
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 350
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 362
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 325
That about how much I goty same pair for in the same condition. Nice find

I've been seeing Juliet frames in this shape selling for 200$ quick. If you wanted to just turn a quick profit, I doubt you'd have trouble.

If not.. yeah, I'd send them to xman.. heck.. why not spend a bit more and have Em done up custom? Those always come out sexy as hell.

I've been seeing Juliet frames in this shape selling for 200$ quick. If you wanted to just turn a quick profit, I doubt you'd have trouble.

If not.. yeah, I'd send them to xman.. heck.. why not spend a bit more and have Em done up custom? Those always come out sexy as hell.

When you say go custom what do you mean more specifically? I email XMan about doing them in a navy and ruby lens, those are my teams school colors. I thought that would be cool. He quoted me $100.

That is a 2nd Gen Titanium Juliet.... IMHO refinishing such as painting or blasting shouldn't be an option as "T" serialed Juliet's aren't near as common as the other pairs. Have Mark tune and clean them up. He will make them look new. Have some Gold lenses cut or even add a set of TI Irids and add the rootbeer kit for a brand new pair of TI/Gold Juliet's. One of Oakleys less common releases. Have a "beater" Plasma or XM frame painted.....nice TI finish BTW.... Most are a milky grey.... I also have the same finish TI.....looks almost like Plasma.....

Last edited:
Ahh.. yeah.. I didn't realize the finish. Yeah.. I mean you didn't pay much but.. idk.. up to you :)

That is a 2nd Gen Titanium Juliet.... IMHO refinishing such as painting or blasting shouldn't be an option as "T" serialed Juliet's aren't near as common as the other pairs. Have Mark tune and clean them up. He will make them look new. Have some Gold lenses cut or even add a set of TI Irids and add the rootbeer kit for a brand new pair of TI/Gold Juliet's. One of Oakleys less common releases. Have a "beater" Plasma or XM frame painted.....nice TI finish BTW.... Most are a milky grey.... I also have the same finish TI.....looks almost like Plasma.....

+1 - refurbish but don't refinish a 2nd gen Ti... then keep 'em or sell 'em...

$70 is a great deal.

Killer find man. I wish I could find those deals in my area. Local people check eBay and start asking ridiculous prices. I met a guy a few weeks ago about some non-serial juliet carbon...he wanted like $600 because "that's what a pair sold for on eBay a few months ago". Good luck. I don't mind to pay fair market price. But Oakley had the same ones for sale this time last year for $350. I don't need them that bad.

Great find man!

That's so funny you say that-
The lady I bought them from thought I was crazy to drive an hour to pick them up. My wife tells me "hope she doesn't check eBay" I say "never repeat that for the next two hours"

The seller couldn't figure why travel so far for sunglasses.... My reason " I miss my old ones"

Back