• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My bargin romeo 1's fake or real?

mtechstevo

Oakley Beginner
wirral uk
Hi there been after some Oakley's for a long time just never had the money to get myself some then a few days ago I was offered a pair of Romeo 1's for doing some work for someone. He said they were fakes but I have never seen such good quality in a pair of copy Oakley's. These have the right feel and weight of other genuine pairs I have seen over the years. Anyway not bothered if they aren't real just curious as the only cost the equivalent of £20. Here they are

23012015416-1.jpg

23012015422.jpg

23012015421.jpg

23012015419.jpg

So what do you all think?

23012015418.jpg

Unfortunately they're fake. The bottom orbital break is too vertical, the earstems flare out at the ends, the "x-metal" logo on the inner nosebridge looks off, the nose bombs are wrong, the upper screw holes look wrong, Etc.

The upside down X was the first thing that popped out to me. You would think with all the work to copy one they would get that right.

Though, as stated, there are a list of tells indentifying those are fake, the flaring earstem tips are the most identifiable common tell for that grade of x-metal fakes, not just for R1 either...

As I said they feel quite solid which is why I thought I'd ask but hey they only cost what I'd charge £20 for so not bothered. I'd have been pissed had it been £300. Still can wear them every day and not worry about them so much.

Latest Posts

Back