1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

My Day, And My Oakley Money, Summed Up In One Photo - 8BB27120-2F41-4F94-8936-A8E4722848A9-1361-000000EE6B9DD409.jpg

Didn't make it to work. Tire and wheel are dead. Suspension mounts were busted. Many $$bucks to fix everything. And I'm back onto my all-seasons with a freeze expected after today's rain.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Pothole? Curb? What happened?

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That looks like NASTY pothole.

4. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

4 lug...
    VW?
    Sorry about your luck. I drove my Jetta underneath my own Dually truck two weeks ago in the snow. blame it on my bald tires

5. Rustpot

Pot chasm more like it.

In the middle of the road. Tow truck driver told me his company had about 40-50 calls yesterday over the stretch of road I hit, and they probably got 25% or less of the total calls. And more than that today.

We had a rapid thaw followed by flooding rains, washed out some loose sections of the roads.

6. Rustpot

Mini Cooper.

That was a winter run flat. Right now I'm looking at the wheel and 4 tires. Possibly 4 wheels since these are out of production.

I was planning on going to 17" for my summer set, but now I have 7 16" and my "good" set is only 3.

I'm mostly just pissed I'm out the money, and this is probably going to end up being closer to 2 grand all-said. All because of a bad road I took because I was late for work and the surface streets tend to be a little faster than the freeway at 7am.

7. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

I dont know how it works up there but the State is responsible for damages to a vehicle caused by bad road condition. Document it with pics of the car and the road, then file a claim with repair bills.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1 on that one.....also call the insurance company quick. I know as an example here if a dump truck has rocks falling off and it hits your windshield, insurance covers that by me. Rather than hit the dealer for a windshield that costs almost 2k to replace....FREE.

9. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Ouch. Good luck with the repairs.

10. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

aww.... that sucks rust!