• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Dealing With The 'Oakley Gang'...

Unfortunately I don't think them finding your carry permit will deter them from targeting your house, actually the opposite - it lets them know they're likely to find some guns there among whatever else they're looking to steal.

I guess it depends on how "beyond the law" these guys are living - a little back-alley unarmed gang mugging (it didn't sound like anybody pulled a weapon?) is quite a different thing from B&E...

Sorry for your loss, you'll probably repeat that one in your dreams for some time... But glad it didn't end tragically.

Personally, the lesson I learned from this is, stay the F out of GA...:eek: I got stuck overnight in the Atlanta airport once, decided that trying to find a spot to catch some winks was a bad idea, just walked around all night. Inside the security area...
Very true, kronin. Given that 2 of the guys were wearing X-Metals, I think they got what they were after. I think even the wallet was an afterthought to be honest. But you are correct - they now know that I have guns, and I can see the logic either way. At least I know to be on the lookout.

And you are wise to stay the F out of GA ;)

I still see that as a concern for this person. If they get away with something small, they may look to "upgrade". If they EVER upgrade to B&E, I'm sure its all hell break loose...I wouldn't have any trouble "double tap" anyone of them..
If they do decide to go that route, I won't have a second thought :agree:

So sorry you'd had to go through all of that ... Even it if feels futile id file a police report ... You never know who or what those thugs will do next ...

Did your Ducatis have a serial #?
Thanks. Report filed. The Ducatis did not have a serial number unfortunately...

Anyway, it was a rainy weekend and then start to the week, so I was jonesin' for some sunshine to show off my new Oakleys. Finally, we had some beautiful weather here in GA. I am a single dad, and my daughter had a birthday party to attend at a local bowling alley yesterday. So I took her, rockin' my new Juliets of course. During said party, I stepped out of the side door of the bowling alley to have a smoke (bad habit, I know...). While I was smoking, a couple of guys went in the bowling alley through the side door and sort of did a double-take looking back at me. I didn't think much of it at the time. Within a couple of minutes, though, the guys came back out with a few more of their buddies. As they approached me, I noticed that 2 of the 5 guys had X-Metals on too.

I am 42 years old. If this had happened a few years ago, I probably would have done something stupid and suffered whatever consequences came with it. I have a Carry Permit for my handgun, too, but considering that I was at a kid's birthday party and at a public bowling alley where alcohol was being sold (thus making the alley illegal for carrying), I left my gun in the car. What is this world coming to?
Glad you didn't get hurt when all said and done. All I can offer to you realistically in moving forward since hindsight is always 20/20:

-Reevaluate your home security and weapon storage for your home since they have your address and permit.
-Consider some more training with your weapon beyond what the permit required. Especially those classes that focus on situational awareness, force-on- force and legal rather than those just geared at punching paper with the gun fighter stance of the week.
-join a local Georgia based gun forum(s) to keep up with laws, crimes issues. training information and like-minded individuals in most cases.
-If you haven't already or doesn't apply. Research more on 16-11-127 in Georgia law, involving alcohol and restuarnt carry for permit holders. Depending on state (if preemption laws exist there) and city ordinances a bowling alley may fit restaurant carry within the color of the law as opposed to a bar, which doesn't (without owner permission) in your state.

Glad you didn't get hurt when all said and done. All I can offer to you realistically in moving forward since hindsight is always 20/20:

-Reevaluate your home security and weapon storage for your home since they have your address and permit.
-Consider some more training with your weapon beyond what the permit required. Especially those classes that focus on situational awareness, force-on- force and legal rather than those just geared at punching paper with the gun fighter stance of the week.
-join a local Georgia based gun forum(s) to keep up with laws, crimes issues. training information and like-minded individuals in most cases.
-If you haven't already or doesn't apply. Research more on 16-11-127 in Georgia law, involving alcohol and restuarnt carry for permit holders. Depending on state (if preemption laws exist there) and city ordinances a bowling alley may fit restaurant carry within the color of the law as opposed to a bar, which doesn't (without owner permission) in your state.
Thanks for the suggestions - all sound advice. You are probably right regarding restaurant carry vs. bar carry at the bowling alley. Considering that I was there attending a birthday party for 8-year-olds on a Sunday afternoon, I probably would have opted to leave the gun in the car either way.

Thanks for the suggestions - all sound advice. You are probably right regarding restaurant carry vs. bar carry at the bowling alley. Considering that I was there attending a birthday party for 8-year-olds on a Sunday afternoon, I probably would have opted to leave the gun in the car either way.

I respect your decision on that, but heed that criminals and violence doesn't take the presence of children into consideration as a reason not to commit such acts.

Thanks for all of the kind words, laughs, shared visions of vengeance, and helpful advice/suggestions! It has really helped me through a tough day. By all means, keep it coming! I know (at least, I hope!) that this is a somewhat unusual post for this forum. I just wanted to vent and give everyone a heads-up. It is too easy to become complacent - you never know what could make you a target. Knowing how tough it is for some of us to scratch and save for a pair of X-Metals, I knew that you guys could relate better than most.

Keep me in mind if you have or come across a reasonable set of Juliet frames. I can't use the exchange since I am new to the forum, but I will definitely be in the market next week once I am "legal". The beautiful new lenses will be useless without some matching frames!!! :wink:

Man, sorry to hear about your trouble that is pretty crazy. I lost my plasma/emerald juliets by my own fault. Luckily that is the only trouble I have had with any sunglasses. I hope something comes of the police report you filed.

Latest Posts

Back