• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My EBay Blunders

Mervillian

Oakley Expert
So believe it or not I signed up for an ebay account only a few weeks ago and had not made an ebay purchase for over a dozen years.

After buying, receiving and being happy with a 'buy it now' purchase, I started watching a few auctions focusing in on original XXs (have been a fan since they became my first purchase) and Hatchets (wanted a pair of O-luminum and liked the look, although have never seen them in person).

So the first blunder is that I end up bidding on a pair of Crystal Black XX with grey lenses when I meant to bid on a pair of Hatchets (I was driving and my phone dinged to indicate an outbid notice on the Hatchets and a ending soon on the XX. When I arrived I guess I went to the wrong notification or something...still not sure how it happened). The price was higher than I otherwise would have paid, but the worst part was the I ended up paying over $30 for shipping and import fees.
However, the glasses have now arrived and are in very good shape. The matching box is also in the mail thanks to Oakster giving me a deal, so I am happy to have these in my collection (with my other boxed o matter XXs).

So after being frazzled, I upped my bid on the Hatchets and ended up winning them exactly at my max bid. They arrived today and I can barely get them on my head and are extremely uncomfortable. O-matter XXs fit and Juliets are a tad snug with 15 t shox installed (but certainty wearable) .

Are Hatchets really this small (I thought I had read they fit similar to Juliets), or is it possible these are Asian fits? How do Asian fits differ from standard fits and how would I tell which they are?

Is there a model number on the stem? You could check o-review with the part number I believe the Asian fit would have a different part number. I believe the Asian fit is just less curve through the lens section. They are designed to fit a much flatter face.

Latest Posts

Back