• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My favorite Colorway, X-Metal Ruby Juliet (pics)

DG85

Oakley Expert
Chicago, IL
I've been hunting down 'real' Ruby lenses for quite some time with little success. I have a stockpile of FRuby lenses, but nothing that captures the essence of Cyclops and his glory.

I was fortunate enough to source a pair of Ruby Polarized lenses from a Carbon Blade. Everyone said it couldn't be done, but InfiniteHero found a way to get them cut.

Take a peak.

Infinite Hero also cut up some Big Taco Emerald and Violet Iridium Polarized lenses to fit my new XX Frame. The XX Frame was sent out to the X-Man on Friday for a rebuild and refinish. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow. I'm excited to share the end results!

FullSizeRender%202.jpg
FullSizeRender%201.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

Last edited:
After having a day to wear these I will admittedly say the Carbon Blade is not an ideal donor with its 6 curvature. I notice in one of the lenses the polarization is ever so slightly off. These lenses will still get their use, but in my beater frames when I do the yardwork.

Nice Ruby! What did you do with the Carbon Blade frame that you took the lenses from?

Back