• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Favorite Ruby Lens With My Lease Favored X Metal

DG85

Oakley Expert
Chicago, IL
I've recently parted ways with a few of my X-metals to make space economically for other things.

Just sold off my Carbon BI XS, my X-Metal 1st gen Ruby Juliets and my Polished Emerald Slate Iridium Ichiro's...

I had 2 Half X's, which of course the arms broke. Fortunately on opposite sides, so now I have one complete pair. I was lucky to find a pair of my most favored lenses, the Ruby's, and with the deepest variation of purple I have seen.

My last pair of X-Metals are my Finitos, with a serial of #0010xx. The lenses are beaten up, center orbital loose and temple shocks missing, so I scooped up 3 pairs of new sets of lenses and 4 boxes of nose/arm shocks from the local Oakley store and sent them in. The Finito frames will unfortunately not make a return for about 2 months. I picked up VR28 BI, Ice and Ruby. The Ruby's were the last pair they had, but were not cut perfectly and well...defective. Basically, one of the lenses were a tad bit too big and wouldn't allow the frame to completely seal near the gasket/t6 screw. The manager told me that since I was already sending the frames in for service, he'd install the lenses and they'd qualify for replacement through the warranty when I included the receipt. With the Ruby lenses being on back order till August, My Finito's will be missed.

Interestingly enough, I compared my Half X, Juliet and Carbon Blades and all three had different variations. The Half X are nearly all purple and orange, more so than my 1st Gen Juliet Ruby's.

rubyhalfx.JPG

Between now and then, it's my Maui Jim's and my Ruby Half X's.

Back