• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Fingers are crossed

Would have been my first
Looks like Im out
Not to be all sour , I know cash in hand rules
But we made a deal and agreed on terms
Then as I follow up text him tonight he mentions he has a $100 better offer , but no cash yet

I hate being played like a fool SIGH
Ill get a C Six Someday

All i need is a name... Ill find him... And you know what will happen next... No one makes a joke about a csix deal... No one...

Would have been my first
Looks like Im out
Then as I follow up text him tonight he mentions he has a $100 better offer , but no cash yet

Ill get a C Six Someday

It has annoyingly become commonplace to not honor arrangements. Had this happen so many times. But yeah, part of the equation is the seller's risk of trust. I've also been on the end where I held out for a buyer and they tried to low ball me after also having me flex to meet them. I've had people flake on me very last second despite arrangements. With cash in hand at convenience, a seller can perceive it as surely getting their money vs. possibly not. In that perspective, they had more to lose than you. So I understand it...for just sales.

For the sake of collection, I'm sorry to hear it pan out like that.

On another note. I had the same **** happen with a job recruiter recently. Literally made me drive 50 miles just to run a check on me before referring me to their job client, and then tell me the spot was given away a couple hours before (which was enough time to call me and save the trip). And then now they went ghost after acting like I was going to be a priority for the next opening they catch and telling me I should try to use them as leverage before sending out applications.

Last edited:
Would have been my first
Looks like Im out

Ill get a C Six Someday
That happens a lot. It's never a fun feeling.

It has annoyingly become commonplace to not honor arrangements. Had this happen so many times. But yeah, part of the equation is the seller's risk of trust. I've also been on the end where I held out for a buyer and they tried to low ball me after also having me flex to meet them. I've had people flake on me very last second despite arrangements. With cash in hand at convenience, a seller can perceive it as surely getting their money vs. possibly not. In that perspective, they had more to lose than you. So I understand it...for just sales.

For the sake of collection, I'm sorry to hear it pan out like that.

On another note. I had the same **** happen with a job recruiter recently. Literally made me drive 50 miles just to run a check on me before referring me to their job client, and then tell me the spot was given away a couple hours before (which was enough time to call me and save the trip). And then now they went ghost after acting like I was going to be a priority for the next opening they catch and telling me I should try to use them as leverage before sending out applications.

It does seem to happen a lot more then it ever did, He actually texted me yesterday morning and initiated the deal (WTF)
It is obvious now that he was playing me against another buyer to get a netter price (Jackass)
I was suspicious to start with, thats one of the reasons I posted this crossed fingers thread.
I dont know if I jinxed myself or not.
But I was hoping it may have changed my bad luck with getting a C SIX

That's horse crap, tell him to pack sand and if he wants to sell them to you again offer a lower price!

HAHA No I took the High Road Like I always do .
Ill have better Karma in the end
I did tell him I was out when he told me he had the other offer but no cash in hand.said he would get back to me . I told him , I wasn't interested anymore and have a good day

All i need is a name... Ill find him... And you know what will happen next... No one makes a joke about a csix deal... No one...

I should let you release the Krackin :D

And this pair would have gone so well with the MM I got from @OakleyGuru379

Last edited:
That is terrible. People now a days are only looking for the situation that benefits them the most. The don't have any honor or trust in what they say.
I hope you are able to find a C Six sometime soon. It is an awesome piece to enjoy. Replacement lenses are not easy get but are obtainable.
I wish the ear socks were. I called 2 times to Oakley requesting ear socks and once they never sent any and the second time they sent the wrong pair.

That is terrible. People now a days are only looking for the situation that benefits them the most. The don't have any honor or trust in what they say.
I hope you are able to find a C Six sometime soon. It is an awesome piece to enjoy. Replacement lenses are not easy get but are obtainable.
I wish the ear socks were. I called 2 times to Oakley requesting ear socks and once they never sent any and the second time they sent the wrong pair.

@thisguy is it true that they will replace the lens under warranty?
This seller said that he talked to Oakley and he was going to send the pair in for new lens at no cost to him?
Or he said I could send them in and they would replace them at no cost to me

@thisguy is it true that they will replace the lens under warranty?
This seller said that he talked to Oakley and he was going to send the pair in for new lens at no cost to him?
Or he said I could send them in and they would replace them at no cost to me
I think @CarGuy and @MJLSr sent theirs in to Oakley for new lenses.
I was able to purchase a set over the phone. I think they cost me $90.

There are no more C-Six lenses available as of about 4 months ago. I doubt that they made another run to support 1650 pair total and I think @thisguy got his before the corporate decision to sell them only installed by O service.
They will replace the ear socks though.
My experience only, subject to (doubtful) change.

There are no more C-Six lenses available as of about 4 months ago. I doubt that they made another run to support 1650 pair total and I think @thisguy got his before the corporate decision to sell them only installed by O service.
They will replace the ear socks though.
My experience only, subject to (doubtful) change.

Thanks.
I thought it sounded odd
Well Good luck to the new owner!!!!
Nothing like have a pair of glasses worth over $1500.00 with bad lenses that you have to have custom cut to replace.
That has to diminish the value some

Back