• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first attempt in restoring my 17 year old Juliet's

I'm also an OEM guy or custom cut OEM, but I've worn linegear lenses for a while now and they are the best of the aftermaket options, quality is very close to Oakley.
But going back to topic, the green lenses on your carbon are too green and blueish to pass as a emerald (OEM are less shinny). The red ones, do look like rubys but a bit more purple (might be the light in the pic), but those do pass as rubys for the untrained eye hehe. Cool matchings overall!

I'm also an OEM guy or custom cut OEM, but I've worn linegear lenses for a while now and they are the best of the aftermaket options, quality is very close to Oakley.
But going back to topic, the green lenses on your carbon are too green and blueish to pass as a emerald (OEM are less shinny). The red ones, do look like rubys but a bit more purple (might be the light in the pic), but those do pass as rubys for the untrained eye hehe. Cool matchings overall!

Very good eye you have there. Everything you said is pretty much accurate the answers I was looking for.

"Too green and blueish to pass as an emerald", I totally agree. Too light to be jade, I would think. Maybe in the middle lol.

"look like rubs but a bit more purple", yes there more purple not seen on the pictures.

Thanks!

Great tip! I cleaned up a pair of XX Ti02's and a pair of plasma Juliets- both first gen- using Meguire's polishing compound. Same thing as rubbing compound but a little less abrasive.
Did you just use a rag and rub the polish with your hand, or some kind of tool?

I want to do this as well. Got some black blemishes on my bone plasma frames
Pretty sure it’s just residue from the old nose pads that melted on there, but I don’t want to go at it too aggressively in case I’m wrong or the finish underneath has been compromised. I’ll try the mild polish route with a soft cloth when I have some free time

Back