• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First DIY Pair???

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
Hey everybody!

I've recently been looking to make a specific pair of Fuel Cells for myself after seeing these two videos on YouTube:

First video shows the MotoGP FC:

This video shows a custom pair made by BAPD77:

Initially, when I saw the first vid, I thought they looked really nice, then I saw the second vid and thought they looked even nicer!

BAPD77 mentions that it is very difficult to switch the icons on the FC's. I can see myself purchasing some polished black frames, and a donor pair with the clear frame / violet lens / purple icon to recreate the pair done by BAPD77. So, what I'm asking is, how does one go about switching the icons in the Fuel Cell?

It may not be an original idea, but imitation is the highest form of flattery - plus I think they look really wicked. I also like the MotoGP FC, but I don't know if a donor pair is an option to "duplicate" them.

In all honesty, I could see myself putting together pairs with Ruby lenses and Red icons, Emerald lenses with Green icons, Fire lenses with Orange icons. I'm a huge fan of polished black or crystal Black frames - the shiny stuff just looks better on me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help / suggestions - it is greatly appreciated.

7a5u3uru_zps5a24608a.jpg

Last edited:
there are numerous posts on the forum about changing and replacing icons. I know i have had similar questions my self in the past. In my experience, take off the ear stems, and put them in hot water, or luke warm water with a little dish soap. let them soak for a minute or two, you can then gently and carfully remove them with a needle or pin. Be careful with this as you can mark the frame if you pry too hard. once you get them off clean off the excess double sided tape. using double sided tape, stick the new icon back on. I have good luck using manicure scisors to cut off the excess around the tape.

Again there are quite a few posts about removal and replacement of icons if you use the search function. Hope this helps!

Latest Posts

Back