• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Juliet!! Woot2!

Do the gaskets really enhance the look? I've never thought much about matching the gaskets since Oakley never went that far. It looks a little distracting to me for some reason.

Hmmm. I dunno. I want to like them. But something just seems off about the look for me.

I do have a set of orange ones that a friend is sending to me. I'll put those on and see I feel about them. Unfortunately I don't have matching orange earsocks, nose bombs and t-shocks. Get DG Mods to make those again! :D

haha yeah i want some more sets of his glow in the dark kits... let me know how you like em. they are abit fatter than originals to show the color, and that way you can just compress them to suit your needs. his earlier work was abit too thick (like mine pictured) but he has since taken the measurements down by a tenth of a mm.

haha yeah i want some more sets of his glow in the dark kits... let me know how you like em. they are abit fatter than originals to show the color, and that way you can just compress them to suit your needs. his earlier work was abit too thick (like mine pictured) but he has since taken the measurements down by a tenth of a mm.
That was a bit of a concern for me as well. I had a little difficulty installing an IH lens on the carbon Juliet the other day. The lens was rattling in the frame and could pop out. I had to tighten it a lot more. To a point where I almost felt uncomfortable with the T6 screw head and all.

If these gaskets are wider, would they be more difficult to install or to get the lens to fit into the frame?

And my apologies for the thread hijack!

That was a bit of a concern for me as well. I had a little difficulty installing an IH lens on the carbon Juliet the other day. The lens was rattling in the frame and could pop out. I had to tighten it a lot more. To a point where I almost felt uncomfortable with the T6 screw head and all.

If these gaskets are wider, would they be more difficult to install or to get the lens to fit into the frame?

And my apologies for the thread hijack!

if this continues further we can take it to the DG_mods thread.

anyway, i didnt notice a problem with lens fitting. the lense are naturally loose (rattling) when the t-6 isnt screwed down. but even with the larger gasket, theres no rattling once fully screwed down till a very mild hand-tight (i never crunch down my torx screws, its asking for a strippin). the rubber bits are designed as supports for the lens - align them so that the rubber presses the lens gently into the frame (it has a sticking out bit) and that should settle it.

hey guys..thanks for all the kind words!! :smile: really lucky for scoring a really awesome juliet combo..especially for my first pair..haha..about the colored gaskets....i'm not so into those either..but i really love Brip's julieX combo..xmetal with gold ird and gaskets..it really enhances everything..just looks killer! other combos i'm not too fond off..

p/s : no harm done razerwire...its nice to get extra infos here..:thumb:

hey guys..thanks for all the kind words!! :smile: really lucky for scoring a really awesome juliet combo..especially for my first pair..haha..about the colored gaskets....i'm not so into those either..but i really love Brip's julieX combo..xmetal with gold ird and gaskets..it really enhances everything..just looks killer! other combos i'm not too fond off..

p/s : no harm done razerwire...its nice to get extra infos here..:thumb:

thanks toxic! my mint Polished Blue iridium Juliet is another of my favs, youre lucky to have it as your first.,,

Latest Posts

Back