1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

A member on here sent me a pair of his clear Frogskins to get done in a splatter color scheme. I'll just show you a teaser pic of the frame for now.

My First Paint Customer - dsc0002xv.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. snumfalzumpa

snumfalzumpa Oakley Beginner

sick! i'm excited to see how these turn out!

might have you do a pair for me around december if you're still doing this.......

3. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

ala MODA3 and Atmos huh. =)

4. sander

sander Oakley Enthusiast

I wonder how you get a completely clear frame like that? Not even the Oakley logo is painted? Did, whoever sent these, clear the frame from paint? Or were they like this when this certain someone got them?

5. MrSneis

MrSneis Oakley Beginner

I think he stripped the paint...

6. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

was planning to do the same project with the re-release polished whites. but since they're now "coming soon"...oh well. ha!

7. Batwolf

Jono - go through BlackDiamondSports, they have all the new ones and will ship internationally

8. tmac777311

tmac777311 Oakley Beginner

I will end the suspense and tell you that they are mine. I wore these things out. So much so that the paint just peeled off on one earstem from me hangin them on my shirt and sweating like a polar bear in the amazon style heat we had this year in MN. (not a joke either the humidity up here gets absolutely ridiculous). The white on the logo came off as fast as (insert stripper joke here). Poasted a couple times for advice on how to return them to their former glory, alas my attempts yielded poor results. These have quite a bit of sentimental value to me, so when Batwolf started advertising his services and I jumped on it. Anything has to be an improvement over what they look like now. Looking forward to seeing the end product. Planning to put the previous Violet Iridiums in these once I get them back. Will Poast pics.

9. tmac777311

tmac777311 Oakley Beginner

BTW very surprised that I am Batwolf's first customer. The work he's poasted on here looks damn amazing. And the in process pics are definitely +EV for the pricetag. Seems like he just does this as one Oakley fan helpin out another. Got me amped up just seeing them again.

10. Batwolf

I'm glad tmac finally came out of the closet. ;)

It's "post" and "posted" BTW.