• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Paint Customer

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
A member on here sent me a pair of his clear Frogskins to get done in a splatter color scheme. I'll just show you a teaser pic of the frame for now.

dsc0002xv.jpg

I wonder how you get a completely clear frame like that? Not even the Oakley logo is painted? Did, whoever sent these, clear the frame from paint? Or were they like this when this certain someone got them?

was planning to do the same project with the re-release polished whites. but since they're now "coming soon"...oh well. ha!

I will end the suspense and tell you that they are mine. I wore these things out. So much so that the paint just peeled off on one earstem from me hangin them on my shirt and sweating like a polar bear in the amazon style heat we had this year in MN. (not a joke either the humidity up here gets absolutely ridiculous). The white on the logo came off as fast as (insert stripper joke here). Poasted a couple times for advice on how to return them to their former glory, alas my attempts yielded poor results. These have quite a bit of sentimental value to me, so when Batwolf started advertising his services and I jumped on it. Anything has to be an improvement over what they look like now. Looking forward to seeing the end product. Planning to put the previous Violet Iridiums in these once I get them back. Will Poast pics.

BTW very surprised that I am Batwolf's first customer. The work he's poasted on here looks damn amazing. And the in process pics are definitely +EV for the pricetag. Seems like he just does this as one Oakley fan helpin out another. Got me amped up just seeing them again.

Back